Sign in to follow this  
Wishin4a416

TSC Paint

Wishin4a416

I just got back from Tractor Supply and checked out their paint while there. They had no Valspar but a line called Majic in all the tractor colors

Anybody try this brand?.

welderman85

i have used the spray bomb and it was ok but i have read mixed reviews on it i have a quart to spray just waiting for a nice day to do it. it was cheap enough so i figured i would try it on a few test parts .

Jake Kuhn

It seems to spray very nice, but takes a Very long time to dry. I haven't used it myself, but thats what all the others who have used it have said. ~Jake

rmaynard

I think the general consensus here is that it is not a good paint. Do a search for "Majic" and read the results for yourself.

Here's one to read: Read post #10.

btm1970

my friend is a chemist and in sales at yenken majestic in columbus. he helped put the deal together at tsc. he claims that they(majic) removed some titanium dioxide (stops fading and helps coverage) to lower the cost to hit the price point tsc wanted to be at. also,they increased the clay to help with the coverage. (clay makes it so you have to thin in down to get it to flow) it needs to be thinned down. if you thin with paint thinner, the dry time is long. his formula he told me to use 150cc of product,1 cap of hardner,cap and half of thinner.

also, majic manufactures a water based paint called diamond hard. this stuff is awesome.its much more expensive, so much easier to use,sprays great and water clean up. similar to water based sherwin williams poulane 700t, but much less than 130.00 a gallon sherwin williams

Forest Road

I've been using rustoleum farm paint win good results. I think it reasonably priced and it's easy to find.

Kelly

I used it this summer, thinned and used hardener I've been a bodyman for near 30 years so I have at least some knowledge of how to paint, and I will never waste my money on it again. That is all I will say about it right now.

• Like 1

Ken B

Like Forrest Gump said, and thats all I've got too say about thaaaattt.........

Wishin4a416

Thanks Guys. Just trying to get my ducks in a row incase I decide to redo one.

btm1970

also, did i mention, majestic was the name of the ship that brought all the jewish immigrants to the u.s. hence the name

Zeek

I think the general consensus here is that it is not a good paint. Do a search for "Majic" and read the results for yourself.

Here's one to read: Read post #10.

:text-yeahthat: the paint sucks

squonk

my friend is a chemist and in sales at yenken majestic in columbus. he helped put the deal together at tsc. he claims that they(majic) removed some titanium dioxide (stops fading and helps coverage) to lower the cost to hit the price point tsc wanted to be at. also,they increased the clay to help with the coverage. (clay makes it so you have to thin in down to get it to flow) it needs to be thinned down. if you thin with paint thinner, the dry time is long. his formula he told me to use 150cc of product,1 cap of hardner,cap and half of thinner.

also, majic manufactures a water based paint called diamond hard. this stuff is awesome.its much more expensive, so much easier to use,sprays great and water clean up. similar to water based sherwin williams poulane 700t, but much less than 130.00 a gallon sherwin williams

So it's his fault along with the management of TSC. Get the price down. I just as soon spend more and have a quality product then save a few pennies and end up with junk! :*****:

rmaynard

So what it comes down to is that Valspar is going in a different direction, TSC wants more profit, Majic lowers their quality just to get their product on the shelf, and we, the consumers, are left holding the bag. :handgestures-thumbdown:

welderman85

i have used the spray bomb and it was ok but i have read mixed reviews on it i have a quart to spray just waiting for a nice day to do it. it was cheap enough so i figured i would try it on a few test parts .

i just looked at the old spray can i used and it was valspar i found this out after i tryied to paint my 314 hitch with mjunk and it was a a runny mess. i would stay away from it. i will return the quart and not even waste my time with it again.