Sign in to follow this  
whc160

I have all four years Now!

whc160

Well my goal has been to get one C-160 8-speed for each year that they were made. I had a 1974, 75, & 76. Thanks to Kelly I met my goal on Sat. Here are pics of the last one I was looking for a 1977.

8064678290_d507cfa76c_m.jpg

8064677977_415a7746d4_m.jpg

I had a great time talking tractors with Kelly & he has alot of cool stuff. I also picked up a tall shoot single stage blower while I was there along with some small parts. It was a long trip, but was well worth it. Thanks again Kelly. Here are some pics of the blower.

8064683884_5aa6d5785b_m.jpg

8064682920_d0c1b5ef78_m.jpg

Kelly

It was nice talking to you, I'm glad my C-160 went to a good home, I really didn't want to let that one go, but as you seen when you were here I have WAY to many tractors.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Thats a very nice looking tractor! Gonna restore it? ~Jake

can whlvr

thats a nice collection,i have 2 160s,one auyo and a 8 speed,they really were one of wheelhorses finest moments

AMC RULES

Auto, and hydro aside.

I wonder...were there any significant changes made between each successive model? :scratchead:

Kelly

Biggest things I know that are different are the 74,75 models had the flip up fender with a toolbox and the 76,77 the fender was solid mounted and just the seat flipped up, and those years you can put a rockshaft under the fender to aid in lifting a rear attachment like a tiller, but all that being said is true for all C series tractors those years.

whc160

Craig there were some difference in the years. The 74 & 75 have the flip up fender pans, a rear lift cable only, and they had hood ornaments. The 76 & 77 have solid mounted fender pans, a rear lift cable with a rock shaft, and they have no hood ornaments. Those are the only three changes that I know of.

Sorry but I don't have any pics that really show differences.

Jake for now I am going to do a few little things to it over winter. I would like to repaint it & my 76 at some point. But each 160 has it's job around here so no full restore. The 656 has no jobs & will get a full restore when my oldest boy is reddy as he has claimed it for his own.

whc160

Dang it. Kelly you type faster than me.

Kelly

But I forgot the hood ornament thing :banghead:

Vinylguy

I would love to have a C-160 some day.

Love my little lawn ranger but a C-160 would come in handy

for blowing snow at the shop.

I notice 3 or 4 decals on the blower. I would be happy to send you a set of decals for your c-160 repaint

if you would in turn take some large digital images of the decals on your new blower and email with H X W dimensions

so i can offer the proper decals for that blower model.

speedyleedy

Great haul ! :)

SousaKerry

Man Sugarcreek, OH to Olivet, MI that is quite a haul.. But I will admit seeing Kelly's place is a treat for any horse fan. I made a few trip down to Sugarcreek to ride the Ohio Central steam train when it was operating. Very nice little tourist trap town in beautiful Ohio.

whc160

Not alot of tourist stuff left since the train left. I will say I don't miss all those people & not being able to get around town.

Tankman

Nice collection! Post pic's, a lineup would be appreciated.

Good luck with the Herd!

whc160

Here is a line up I have with the 76, 74, & 75 from left to right.

7877435774_08be3dcd9c_m.jpg

7877157626_c815b976da_m.jpg

It will be some time in the spring before I get a line up pic of all four. Only the 75 & 77 are at my house now. The other two are at a house my dad is fixing up to put the yard in before the snow gets here. The 77 will go to my work to get some things done over the winter. Two here at my house & one at my mom's flower shop for snow duty.