Sign in to follow this  
Shynon

Lawn Ranger

Shynon

Just rescued a lawn ranger from weeds. Serial #62-17528. posted pics in Shynon's horses gallery. Looking for help on what year, motor etc. Thanks for your help.

Thanks Tom

• Like 1

sorekiwi

Welcome to Red Square.

I need to study your pics a little closer, but it does appear to be a '62 or '63 Lawn Ranger.

Generally the 62- in your serial number should denote a 1962, but there have been cases of stickers with the 62- appearing on '63 tractors (probably the factory using up their supply of stickers.

Its a little hazy but I am thinking that the 62 models used solid rubber front tires, in '63 they went to normal pneumatic tires on 2 piece rims.

If it is a '62 the engine would have been a Lauson (Tecumseh) HT55, if a '63 it would have been a Tecumseh H60. If you show a pic of the RH side of the engine, we can tell you what you have.

The thread on my '63 Ranger is here:

AMC RULES

Neat little Ranger Tom.

:WRS:

Shynon

It appears to have a tecumseh motor on it. Painted over. Wheels are pnuematic looks like wheels from Nutting factory I would assume not original.

Shynon

More research, found a metal tag with HT55C on it.

sorekiwi

More research, found a metal tag with HT55C on it.

Well that would make it a '62.

Thats the hard motor to find, it was similar to the H60 Tecumseh but has an internal oil pump instead of a dipper on the rod to lubricate it. There are a few threads on here about the H55's and HT55 Tecumsehs (most of them were badged "Lausons").

Shynon

Thanks for the info. Motor is free after sitting 20yrs outside with no hood on. carb is missing and recoil. Hope I can find them.

Terry M

Nice find! Would have loved to have a find like that. :handgestures-thumbupright: I'm guessing you'll be restoring this one? if so, I'll be keeping a watch on your progress...... :)

Shynon

Yes this one will be restored. Plan on Tri bars on front and lugs on back. I will be restoring 702 first. As this one may be a challenge to free up all the stuck parts and find the motor parts I will need to get it running.

Terry M

sounds good, Can't wait to see you start on it!!! :)

wow....you are just a few miles from me. i do have a a ranger parts tractor if there is something you might need

Terry M

Lawn rangers are my favorite tractor......now have three of them..and by the way.... :WRS:

Jake Kuhn

:WRS: Thats a very cool little tractor you aquired! :handgestures-thumbup: