Sign in to follow this  
HorseWhisperer

Saved a 68 Raider 12 from the scrap heap

HorseWhisperer

I heard of a gent with a lil wheel horse resting area behind his barn and called him up to purchase a 6 speed tranny.He sold me a newer ten pinion he had sitting around for a spare for 85 bucks.I got it home,tore it down and found the only thing good was the case.I called him up and asked if he had any others and replied he had another from an old Raider and would pull it for me and send it my way for 50 clams.I went up to see a yard cured 68 Raider 12 rolling chassis sitting there.I thought"what do I need with more crap".I got it home,enjoyed some amber pops and noticed her shape in the twilight and vowed not to send or part out any Horse so I gathered all my loose applicable parts,12 horse Kohler,dashboard from an electro,old suburban fenders,rear tires and some other small goodies and cleaned her up.I tore the rear end out and regasketed a perfect specimen and here she is.

post-6115-0-98184400-1348100237_thumb.jp

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

Those are 125# a piece lead filled weights on (bolt on correct five bolt pattern)14 inch camry rims with snow tires.This thing will move a mountain......just saying......BRING the SNOW

KC9KAS

Good looking snow pusher!

So, 14" Camry wheels will fit our Wheel Horses?

• Like 1

Tankman

Wow, nice catch! I need one too! :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Very neat looking tractor!!! :bow-blue:

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

I took a hub up to the JY one day and found early to late camry and Crown Victoria's and full size ford trucks too.Some Volvos as well.The ones I got even fit under the stock fenders!

Rock farmer

I like it!

I have a lot of those parts. Not put together quite the same way,

Like that seat, that doesn't have the water filled sponge!

And my sister owns a Camry! I wonder if she'll suspect me?

• Like 1

HorseWhisperer

Jake-The hood got me.They only made these long frame,skinny hoods for two years far as I can tell and it looked so pretty in the dark with all its rust!The stock lights,lens cover and bulbs were even in tact and worked!

HorseWhisperer

Rock farmer-I have put these seats on many times and love em.They take the bumps out!