Sign in to follow this  
mikemc53

"New C-81"

mikemc53

Just picked up a C-81 8 speed and I've already put it to work. Have a real nasty swamp like field that needed some herbicide sprayed on it. My B-100 is at my other place about 4 hours away and the Toro garden tractor (I use that term loosely) kept getting stuck, even with tire chains. Brought the C-81 home, hooked up the sprayer and went to work. I have spots where the water is at least 10-12 inches deep and the ruts are brutal. This tractor walked right through everything. I love my B-100 and now I've got another horse in the barn...awesome.

Don't know what year this is so any help in that regard is appreciated. I have what looks like the original owners manual that came with this and it's the rear discharge mower (which works great), but I don't know much else. My B-100 is a 1974 and doesn't look nearly as clean as this one but it is for sure a worker.

Anyway, I am pretty geeked...again.

th_DSCF1269_zpsed728766.jpgth_DSCF1270_zpsfa4cbc6e.jpgth_DSCF1264_zps7e83c3f4.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Nice lookin' tractor Mike.

rmaynard

Your C-81 is one of the following. Just check the number on the ID tag.

01-08K801, 1980

01-08K802, 1981

81-08K801, 1978

91-08K801, 1979

91-08K802, 1979

Jake Kuhn

Very nice looking tractor!!! :handgestures-thumbup:

mikemc53

OK, I'm feeling pretty stupid.

Where is the ID tag? Never had a problem finding it on the B-100 (which is currently 4 hours away so I have nothing to compare it to) but I can't seem to find it anywhere on this one.