Sign in to follow this  
1975wheelhorsec160

exhaust

1975wheelhorsec160

i want to put a stack on my c-125 and there is a 2" piece of pipe sticking out of the block and it is stuck in there any one no how to get it out without destroying the hole and threads

bowtiebutler956

Cut the pipe, so that there is about 1/2 inch still out of the block. Then take a sawzall or similar tool, and cut two slots length wise through the pipe about 3/4 to 1 inch apart from each other. Try not to cut so deep you go into the block. Once cut, you can take a hammer, and chisel, and break the pipe allowing it to be removed. Its really not that difficult, and doesn't take very long. I've done many, and all were successful. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

MR49

I did that today. Was not hard at all. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Post pics of the stack, I wanna see it. I was thinking of putting one on my 1075.

JC 1965

Are you saying cut inside the pipe down toward the threads ?

VinsRJ

That is correct, cut from the inside towards the threads. Just go slow and check your cuts frequently, you should be fine. Worst case you may have to run a pipe tap through the threads to clean things up but, attention to detail will avoid that.

Zeek

i want to put a stack on my c-125 and there is a 2" piece of pipe sticking out of the block and it is stuck in there any one no how to get it out without destroying the hole and threads

Try this I understand it is very effective.