Sign in to follow this  
kthack657

best birthday ever!!!

kthack657

So today is my birthday and although Jim did the majority of my birthday present yesterday, today was even better. Recently I purchased a C141 Automatic. I purchased it with a locked up motor, and no guarantees on anything. Well Jim helped me work on the tractor today and after pulling the head and spraying some pb blaster down the cylinder hole, the motor came free. not only that, the starter was also seized up, it came free. we honed the hole and everything seems good. It was the best thing ever. Although I did not get to hear it come to life, I did get to hear the motor try. I just need to clean the points and see if that will give me spark...I hope to be able to ride it around at the next show...I just really hope that the hydro trans is good...wish me luck!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-bravo::wwp:

Best of luck, and happy birthday to you too. :)

Doorvip

I have a chance at buying a c141. What's the going price for a good running c-141 hydro with a deck?

Jake Kuhn

Sounds like a very fun birthday karen! Crossing my fingers for you guys getting it to run. ~Jake

buckrancher

happy birthday Karen and good luck with your new toy

Wheel Horse Kid

What a great birthday present! Good luck with getting it running!

kthack657

Ok so I have been out in the garage again with Jim and after cleaning the points, and getting them back into allignment, we heard the old horse sputter to life :D I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy. Then we tested (briefly mind you) the trans, and it moved another happy dance. I know you want to see pics so beware this is a lottle picture heavy!

118_2195.jpg

118_2194.jpg

118_2193.jpg

118_2192.jpg

118_2191.jpg

118_2190.jpg

118_2189.jpg

118_2186.jpg

118_2182.jpg

Sparky

Well thats awsome news! She runs!

Mike............

Jake Kuhn

Great news Karen! Glad you guys got it going! :bow-blue: ~Jake

kthack657

Ok so I have another update, I got to drive the C-141 today and OMG it was a scary ride!! :scared-eek: the thing is really fast and we havent adjusted anything yet so it is either go or stop, nothing really in between...oh and it is also a little bit of the smoker...like looks like the garage is on fire smoker...but as jim and I drove it around it seemed to get better so :handgestures-fingerscrossed: it could be just a stuck ring or need a total engine rebuild. needless to say the trans is strong, and everything seems to be in working order, but it will not be going to any shows this year...there maybe a video soon of it taking a trip up the street, but I do not want to drive it more than necessary at this point.

Ken B

Great news Karen! So, I wanna say that's a 64 Impala in the back ground? Hard to tell the pic is kinda small.

kthack657

Ken, yes that is definately a 64 Impala SS with a 409 in the background, she is a nice car, and a sweet ride to cruise in!

Ken B

Ken, yes that is definately a 64 Impala SS with a 409 in the background, she is a nice car, and a sweet ride to cruise in!

Now that we all know that I know my Chevy's, hows about a full size pic? Very nice!