Sign in to follow this  
WildHorses

38" Lawn Sweeper Maintenance?

WildHorses

Just wanted to see if there is anything I should do maintenance wise on my new to me lawn sweeper? I don't see anything to grease, I tightened a few loose bolts and cleaned some vines from the brush. Is there supposed to be a spring that holds the lift rod in place? This unit had the dump rope holding the lift rod in place when I got it.

Found this on Craigslist for $50, I think i got a pretty good deal. It looks like it had an easy life but I'm sure it's over 20 years old. The bag has a few cracks along the top but I think it will work just fine for a while.

post-3879-0-21049600-1347165333_thumb.jp

varosd

$50! Wow, looks like great condition. ensure the wheel bearings are lubed up. my Parker has a tiny oil hole and your sweeper looks about the same. by the color and style of the WH logo. looks like late 80's vintage...any model numers?

AMC RULES

Good deal. :thumbs:

Looks different than mine though...did :wh: contract these out to different manufacturers?

post-3498-0-16401400-1347191212_thumb.jp

TT

They were built by Lambert for Wheel Horse.

Is there supposed to be a spring that holds the lift rod in place? This unit had the dump rope holding the lift rod in place when I got it.

If you're talking about the height adjuster, yes - it should have a spring to lock it in place. I'll try to get a picture later.

This is my $50 sweeper:

WH38sweeper001.jpg

WH38sweeper005.jpg

@Craig - yours is just the older version.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Very good deal on a lawn sweeper....$50, WOW....Hope I can find one in that good of shape and price!