Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

1970 Raider throttle cable length ?

Horse'n Around

Howdy,

My Raider was missing the throttle cable when I rescued it so I guess its time for me to buy one for it. Sadly it doesnt have a Kohler, it has the12HP Techy but it runs super good. I gave some thought to using some wire or string to figure the length out but Im not sure how it gets routed so I figured I had better ask for the correct length. I think it gets routed under the shroud. I checked the manual but all it gave was a part number. Any help yall can offer is appreaciated a lot.

Thanks ,

John

racinfool40

John, You can get the twist lock throttle cables on E-bay pretty reasonable and they are plenty long and you can cut them to fit. I have done that on all my Raiders with the twist lock..

MIKE

rmaynard

I have purchased the after-market cables from eBay and they are not the quality of the originals. After only several hours of use, mine started to come apart. The twist-lock stopped working. If possible, try to find a good working original one from a used tractor. You will be better off in the long run.

Just me :twocents-02cents: worth.

• Like 1

Martin

I wasn't sure if my aftermarket throttle cable would hold up on my 1057. But it's still good. Maybe I got a good one. I try to be gentle when locking it. You don't need much pressure. I also made sure it was well lubed before installing as well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horse'n Around

Thank you guys for your help, I think Im going to give the E bay cable a try due to the fact that there arent any WH parts here in Az to be found. I think I'll also keep a look out for a good used WH cable . Worse comes to worse, if the Ebay cable fails I will hopefully have found a genuine WH cable by then to install in its place :)

Thanks again,

John