Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

Wheelhorse Hitch???

leeave96

So I bought a wood splitter and I'd like to tow it around the yard with one of my fine Wheelhorse tractors, however, before I reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd ask if you have a hitch on your Wheelhorse that takes a trailer ball (mine is 2 inches diameter) and has it high enough to set a utility trailer or boat trailer or in my case a log splitter. Any pics would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

Bill

smoreau

I made a bunch of these and sold them here for $100, just been too busy to build more. I am planning a build in sept.

202.jpg

• Like 1

WH520

There's a member here that makes hitches that will accept the receiver from your truck (don't ask me who, I can't seem to remember his name :eusa-doh:) He does a very good job and they look great.

Here is a cheap way of doing it. Take the OE Wheel Horse hitch and use a big alan bolt. It might not be pretty but it's strong. I've towed things with it that a garden tractor doesn't have any business moving in the first place.

GEDC0177.jpg

Then one day I decided to make this. Still not sure why, I did it other than the "cool factor" :woohoo: I put an 1 7/8 ball in it so it's "universal" since I move a lot of boats/trailers with it.

GEDC0209.jpg

*Edit: Smoreau is the one I was thinking of and beat me to the post.