Sign in to follow this  
jbumgarner

Has anyone seen the 701 part out on E-Bay

jbumgarner

I was completing my daily search and seen a nice 701 being parted out. Has anyone else seen this and why on earth would someone part out such a beautiful tractor. Its a shame. Only my 2 cents

AMC RULES

When selling as a complete unit, the seller couldn't get what he thought the tractor was worth

marvairplanes

I think the owner (seller) did an excellent job explaining why it is being parted out.

Marv

jbumgarner

I didn't see it in RS classified section until now, and I do understand the need to get top dollar out of a tractor. Sometimes you need money more than the tractor. I just think this tractor is beautiful and I wish I was made of money so I could give him what he needs and not have it parted out.

• Like 1

sscotsman

I think the owner (seller) did an excellent job explaining why it is being parted out.

Marv

ok, I will say what everyone is thinking..

No he didnt do an excellent job explaining..

he said "I know i'm nuts but since people won't pay what a restored tractor is worth leaves me no options."..

wrong, you have options..

"wont pay what it is worth" is YOUR OPINION..not a fact.

your opiniion about "what its worth" is simply wrong..

the truth is, you were asking MORE than what it is actually worth..

the fact that it didnt sell, at your asking price, proves that..it proves it was NOT worth what you think it was worth..

the amount of money you put into it is irrelevant..

if someone wants to spend $2,000 to restore a tractor worth $1,000 when its done, (just as an example) that's fine, if they choose to do that..

but you need to be smart enough to know the amount you spend doesnt automatically equal "what its worth"..

your option was, sell it for what its actually worth..keep a rare 701 alive.

you chose not to do that..

instead, you parted out a complete 701 only for the money..

IMO, people like you are a disgrace to the hobby.. :angry-teeth:

and I dont want to hear some sob-story about "I need the money"..

no you dont..you just *want* the money..

Scot

• Like 2

jay in nc

:text-yeahthat: i have a back yard full of things too good to crush Jay

jay in nc

oh by the way this member joined last fall and has had somthing for sale in our classifieds sence the day he joined. makes me question his motives for joining redsquare. but this is just my opinion. " i COULD be wrong"

Sparky

makes me question his motives for joining redsquare. but this is just my opinion. " i COULD be wrong"

There are no rules stating that you need to be a collector, restorer preserver or rebuilder of these tractors to join. The seller has done nothing wrong as far as Redsquare rules are concerned.

>>>>>TOPIC CLOSED<<<<<

Mike..............

• Like 3