Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

Met a few members today and picked this up

Ken B

I took a ride with Fireman today and I finally got to meet Charles, also known as CRE the "Locator" and AMCrules, Craig. A couple of real nice guys! Fireman delivered his Economy to Charles and I picked up this Burban from Charles at the same time. Craig bought the inside wheel weights off the Burban. Thanks for the ride Jeff!

The connecting rod is broke on the H55 so in the meantime I put on an H60 with electric start. I also cleaned the tractor up a little while I was at it. WTH is it with Tecumseh's anyway? The carb , tank and filter are spotless and this thing still runs like, well, a Tecumseh! Good one minute and junk the next. Dizzy motor it is I'll tell ya. Here is a short video of it in action, sorry it is so short but it crapped out and I gave up for the night! I posted a pic of my original 58 RJ so you can see the difference in how the fenders look on the two tractors. I think the fenders are on backwards on the Burban. This Burban will be staying just as you see it.

25803b00.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

Riley088

Something in that picture looks familiar. Looking good Ken. See you Thursday.

can whlvr

fine pair of tractors

AMC RULES

Whoops...what happened to the video link Ken?

CRE1992

Looks great Ken! I want to see it in action! It won't let me post a picture of the economy from my phone. But I will later! I used it all day today towing a portable lift to trim trees. and I also made a hitch bracket for if. It was nice meeting all of you guys also!

-Charles

wallfish

What's UP with those foot rests? Pun intended

I've never seen them extended up like that before.

bowtiebutler956

Very cool :wh:'s!! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

stevebo

eagle eye john....

Ken B

I think a midget special ordered them that way. Who ever welded them up like that layed down a better than factory type weld. It'll be real easy to get them back the way they belong.

neil

You learn something every day, Ken you say that the fenders on the suburban are on backwards How do you tell?

CRE1992

I thought those pedals were weird. How hard was it to fix the trans lever?

Here is my new PK! Thanks again Jeff!

4eeabef9.jpg

e5057969.jpg

AMC RULES

Something about the wheels looks different Charles.

Forest Road

"The Locator" suits you well:). Congratulations Charles you finally have a Power King. Good luck with it.

CRE1992

"The Locator" suits you well:). Congratulations Charles you finally have a Power King. Good luck with it.

Thanks Kevn, she is a beast! I towed around a 3500lb lift around all day to trim big branches round my house as we have over 10 100+ year old oak trees in close proximity to the house (25 feet or less)

Ken has nicknamed me the locator lol. And no Craig nothing is different? I plan on adding hydraulics and a 3pt hitch eventually!

-Charles

cc522c4b.jpg

AMC RULES

Those Suburban inside wheel weights cleaned up really nice Charles. Suprised to find, the original paint still has some shine left in it.

post-3498-0-63716500-1339949841_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-43381500-1339949873_thumb.jp

CRE1992

Thats pretty cool Craig, although I am not surprised that burban was in pretty dang good shape itself!

AMC RULES

Yep, lookin' at it...I was thinkin' with a little investment of some elbow grease, that little guy would be glowing.

squonk

I thought those pedals were weird. How hard was it to fix the trans lever?

Here is my new PK! Thanks again Jeff!

4eeabef9.jpg

e5057969.jpg

You'll love the King, Charles. They are BEASTS!!! :) If you want to add hydraulics and use the pulleys on the rear of the motor you'll have to use a link belt or pull the motor. Not a hard job, but a little weekend project. If you want to see a step by step process, look here:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=187470

stevebo

What looks different about the PK is that all four wheels should be turned around for a wider stance. I like the wider stance much better,

• Like 1

Coadster32

That was one fine economy you coughed up Jeff. Alot of gawkers at last years show. Then again, who's got room for that and a senior. :bow-blue:

Sounds like a nice trip, and all were happy. Nice equipment being tossed around. :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

Nice equipment being tossed around. :handgestures-thumbupright:

You should have seen the synchronized dance that took place loading the Suburban with the frozen gear box.

Priceless. LOL

• Like 1

VinsRJ

I think a midget special ordered them that way. Who ever welded them up like that layed down a better than factory type weld. It'll be real easy to get them back the way they belong.

Ken, I will be bringing a H55 to the show to sell. Complete, good compression, weak spark.

Ken B

PM sent!

CRE1992

Lmao Craig that is a great way to put it haha.

Coadster32

Lmao Craig that is a great way to put it haha.

March of the penguins or what?! :ychain: