Sign in to follow this  
TheReDStAnG

Stock up. Tsc removing valspar from stores.

HorseFixer

I picked up a boat load of it last Sunday (thanks for the tip) I wonder if they will reduce the price further?

ricksrj58

i lucked out between the 4 TSC stores near me i bought 48 cans of valspar restoration series ih red,this is what all my tractors are painted with and i have no gripes about it.

wingrider

I went to my local TSC store today to see what was left, there was IH Red and that was all the color that I could use. I also got a can of the hardner also. They haven't had Restoration

Series for over a year there. We can still get the rattle can paint at Farm & Fleet stores for a while, I guess we'll just wait and see.

Wingrider

sent from my NAP A DEVICE

condo630

What do you think you'll do for hardener in the future?

Ken B

I picked up the last gallon gallon of Resto Red at the local TSC for 40 bucks this weekend. There is still a 6 pack or so of Resto Red in spray cans left. Now that I think of it, I may as well go there today and grab em for future projects.

Wheel Horse Kid

I picked up the last gallon gallon of Resto Red at the local TSC for 40 bucks this weekend. There is still a 6 pack or so of Resto Red in spray cans left. Now that I think of it, I may as well go there today and grab em for future projects.

I think that it would be a good idea to get the other cans!

COMMANDO6

Got the last gallon from the one in Newton...

JamesBe1

Got the last gallon from the one in Newton...

I was there the other week. I ended up buying the last can of valspar, and a couple of cans of the new stuff. The new stuff looks pretty good.

COMMANDO6

Oh wow I was there 2 days ago and there was one gallon left. I didn't even want to touch the new stuff.

I also got a new seat so I don't ruin the original and engine and transmission oil.

squonk

What do you think you'll do for hardener in the future?

I'm willing to bet you could go to a good auto parts store that has a good paint guy or good paint rep and they could come up with something available.

squonk

What's up with their prices now? Their paint that is replacing Valspar is $5.50 a can already and 20 bucks for a wheelbarrow tube? :*****: :jaw:

JamesBe1

What's up with their prices now? Their paint that is replacing Valspar is $5.50 a can already and 20 bucks for a wheelbarrow tube? *****.gif:jaw:

How much was the valspar paint in cans?

squonk

The Valspar was a little over 6 for a can. last week their majic paint was less than 4. Now it's $5.95

Kelly

I just bought the last 2 gallons of the resto series the local TSC had, it was 25% off also, I don't use the rattle cans but seen they only had 3 cans on the shelf, I know one of the guys there and he said all they have left is what you see, as for hardener you can use any made for enamel paints it will work, I bet the stuff for the new Majic brand will work in the Valspar, I'm going to try the Majic paint soon, heck the Valspar is just cheap paint and it works pretty good, well very good for the price, auto paint is 3 times the cost, but MUCH better paint, you get what you pay for, but I know I can't and most everyone else here can't aford $150 a gal. for nice automotive paint, I know it can be had a little cheaper, but going rate is about that, then add $25 for hardener plus more $$ for reducer, for workers and basic restos, I use the cheaper paint, if I have a nice machine that will never get worked again you know the trailer queen, drivin only at shows they get the high $$ paint, it last longer holds a shine better, does not chip as easy, like I said better paint, but cost more.

can whlvr

so could any one tell me if a hardener can be used on normal rust paint,i havnt seen the resto series of rustolium here,havnt looked real hard either,but i once tried a different product from tsc,there tractor paint and it loosened off the existing paint better than paint stripper :banghead: so i stick to normal rustolium rust paint,regal red,but it dries slow and i wonder if hardener would be good,at a bejamin moore store they also had a product to speed up oil base dring time,any input much appreciated.you guys are lucky with your prices on a lot of stuff,i priced auto paint to redo the c160 and its 120 a quart and then the hardener and what ever else is needed and a quart is tight if you do everything thaat goes on her

Ken B

Once I get a little time I'll try some Rustoleum with some hardener and Naptha out thru my HVLP. I think it will be just fine for a worker type tractor. The Restoration Series paint isn't anything but an oil based paint anyway. I have a hunch that if I were to paint two big panels, one with Rusto and one with Resto that one would look as good as the other.

I completely restored a Cub Cadet 100 almost ten yrs. ago. I used all automotive paint purchased thru Sherwin Williams. The guy that bought that tractor from me takes it to a ton of shows each yr. and I saw it last yr. at a show and it still looks as good as the day I painted it. If you plan on keeping something for a long time it is worth the extra time and money to do it right. I'm curious to see how well Resto Series will stand up in tens yrs. time.

Ken B

The New Milford CT. Tractor Supply is now officially out of Restoration Series I.H. Red. They do still have some regular Valspar I.H. red in aerosol cans left though. Old Stevebo must have dogged the last few cans of Resto red, just like he dogs all of the 1/2inx29 inch belts! They are always out of them!

ol550

Tried some of that Majic paint. :no: :no: :no: 26 hours later and I can still leave a finger print in it.

bowtieguy

Mike...Don't stick your finger in it!!!

On a side note....if you know someone at your local TSC store that "knows sumpin'" and you want to get more of the discontinued item, have him log into the company inventory system and he will be able to see all the stores (and warehouses) that have stock on that item....then have him send a message to those stores and have them ship everything to his store!....is a quick task but you will have to find someone that knows how to do that...its probably against company policy to do that now/////.I think TSC has about 800 stores now so be careful and order only what you are willing to pay for.....and how do I know it works? ...got about 100 qts of paint on my shelf when they changed paints mfgrs about 6-7 years ago,

Yep, I gave TSC a few years of my life.....bet some of you guys did the same!

Jake Kuhn

I'm starting to really hate tsc! Went to go get a can of high heat paint yesterday and my brother brought me over there who is 17 and will be 18 in a couple of months. When I try to buy it with my brother there yesterday they very rudely said to me that you must be 18 or older to buy paint. Aparently they now think when you go and buy a can of spray paint you are going to do drugs with it. Have bought paint with my brother about 5 other times and nothing has ever been said :banghead: Jake

Rooster

Jake,

I know it sucks, but that has been the law for quite a few years now.

Unfortunately it is not that "they" think you are using the paint for the wrong reasons but more that too many people already have!

I suffer from allergies, for years it was not something that really caused me issues because there were these cool little red pills that made it go away quickly and without problem.

THEN, someone discovered how to use those little red pills to make methamphetamine and now you cannot get those little red pills! Allergies now cause alot of problems and suffering in my life! The new pills do not work! But...they can still make meth out of them?

It is not the stores fault, it is not the lawmakers fault, it is the law breakers fault!

Something you should get used to in life Jake is that all to often in life society pays the consequences for the actions and mis-deeds of a few.

I am not saying it is right, just that it is how it is!

• Like 1

can whlvr

it is also because of grafitti,they see young guys and dont think they may actually want it for what it was made for,like said,a few wreck it for the rest

varosd

I bought 2 cans of Majic IH Red from the TSC in York, PA and was spraying fine. Then both cans starting sputtering and stopped spraying and then the nozzle popped off the can. the nozzle is clean. I suspect it's the valve in the can. the color looks fine...anyone else having a issue? One other spray can did this but was either Rustoleum or ACE not sure.

JamesBe1

I bought 2 cans of Majic IH Red from the TSC in York, PA and was spraying fine. Then both cans starting sputtering and stopped spraying and then the nozzle popped off the can. the nozzle is clean. I suspect it's the valve in the can. the color looks fine...anyone else having a issue? One other spray can did this but was either Rustoleum or ACE not sure.

Yeah, I had the same issue. I have gone through several cans so far, and it has happened a couple of times. I can say that it has also happened to me with the Valspar cans too. When that happens, I usually just go get a nozzle from an empty can and keep spraying. Other than that, the new paint has been fine.