Sign in to follow this  
neil

RJ58 now on its way to UK

Rooster

The only reason they use old oil is to keep from having to waste new oil.

It is a good way to recycle it!

My vote is for Keeping it original as well...or as aredtractor says.."I keep my tractors in work clothes!"

stevasaurus

Here is the thread on the used oil topic...

neil

thanx for the oil info Stevo , I like the look of that so i think i will give that a go when i get the RJ back to the stable and i will post some pics before and after oiling

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Neil, you may not want to oil that tractor. After reading that thread again, I kind of like the WD40 or the rubbing compound and wax thingy. Anyway, maybe try all the methods on small parts first before you commit to something that is hard to undo. I am finding out that a lot of guys do not like the oil thing. :)

neil

I have used WD 40 on a one of my other tractors with good results , but i was wondering why used oil would be used . Maybe i will try out the wax method thingy also

Thanx for all the advice you chaps have given me, i will keep you all informed of the outcome of the oiling /waxing .

I was told by someone once that using linseed oil would be good so i tried it and it left a yellowy kinda film , so theres a bit of advice to someone there Dont Use Linseed Oil

Norm4n74

Make sure you give it a good inspection for hairy spiders that may be hiding amongst the metalwork!

COMMANDO6

Wow, I never would have thought of using oil.

Personally, though, I would go through the effort of waxing it.

Anglo Traction

So have the Excise Men cleared it yet?. If the Flooding in your area is as bad as it is this end of the Rock, I advise a Floatation Devise for it.

neil

Customs have cleared RJ of all hidden contraband on the skid (Apparently the customs found drugs hidden in on the skid but were more intrested in charging for extra tax duty for the small amount of fuel left in the tank :ROTF: ) and is now ready to collect by Thursday otherwise i am going to be charged some sort of Mortgage Rent Fee for holding it at the Holding Depot.

I have to collect the tractor by thursday otherwise i will be charged $100 per day rent and i cant get the day off work on thursday :banghead:

stevasaurus

Call in sick Neil. It would make me sick to drop $100 because I could not be somewhere. :) :) :)

neil

have now aranged to have it dropped off at my house on Friday , althought the delivery cost was almost as much as the tractor .

but hey you only live once and i will have to do a few hours overtime to pay the delivery costs , dont mind that

So it now arrives at my place on Friday .

roll on weekend

neil

well the day has arrived , Tractor arrives this afternoon so i cant wait to finish work early today. I hope to be back home by lunchtime to take delivery at around 4pm

There are some other goodies on the skid also .but cannot remember what other parts i bought as it was nearly two years ago when i bought tnis tractor

i know that there is a kohler engine for my 1960 Suburban 400 , so it will be a kinda double suprise as i will be able to get the 400 running soon also

will post some pics later

Lars

Ohh i know ur feeling Neil... i can tell u..

Glad u will have it to day.. :)

VinsRJ

Waiting..... waiting..... waiting..... :happy-jumpeveryone:

Jake Kuhn

I bet you can't wait to get it. Looking forward to seeing pics of it as well. Jake

meadowfield

tick tock.... dringgggg!!!!

did it arrive then?

neil

:happy-jumpeveryone: Junior has arrived

The lorry dropped it off at 4.30 today

I have unpacked & taken quite a few pics which i will post in a while as i have to put camera on charge so that i can download pics to putor

Its a bit dusty from the long trip so i will have to give it a bit of a clean tomorrow morning ,

After giving it the once over i have to agree that this would be best left in original condition or i may just repaint the rims at some time in the near future oh and maybe put some new boots. on

Anglo Traction

Well Patience is a virtue Neil , Congrats!. Better Dust than the 'ole Salt Water Spray after being parked on the Deck!. I bet I know what your going to be doing over the weekend :tools-hammerdrill::tools-wrench::tools-hammer::beer::sleeping-yellow::techie-studyinggray::coffee: ...........probably the same as Lars :handgestures-thumbup:

CasualObserver

Congrats Neil!

WH Raider10

Congrats Neil! It must be a day to not forget! :)

neil

Thanx for the Congrats guys

here are some of the long awaited photos.

Delivered by the great big Fraikin lorry

Great name for a delivery company

I dont think i will be doing to much with the tractor on saturday as once again the British weather has stopped any play.

hopefully Sunday will be a bit better so i may be able to de dust & degrease etc.

I owe a big thank you to Glen pettit for his help in getting this tractor to me and also chris sutton for giving me the details of the shipping company that he used to ship his tractors.

Joe Papke was a great guy to do business with and a true Gentlemen .

As i said before i dont think that i am going to repaint this one , well not in the immediate future anyway as i do like the original look.

I will also be asking some of the other RJ owners some questions in the coming months so apologies now for driving you mad with the questions

hope you enjoy some of the pics

DSC02786.jpg

DSC02788.jpg

DSC02791.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02797.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

There was also a nice suprise of a Kohler hat 7 a set of Rj decals from joe as a gift which was most unexoected & kind of him

DSC02810.jpg

DSC02802.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02815.jpg

• Like 1

COMMANDO6

Congrats! Good luck with it.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Awesome pictures Neil...looks like a lot of fun has already been had. Congratulations. :) :) :) It does look good original.

Rooster

Looking good Neil!

Someone educate me here...How come the new decals don't look like the ones on the tractor?

Jake Kuhn

That is a really nice tractor Neil! Rooster,the ones Joe sent are the correct decals,the ones on the hood now are for a 60 suburban. Jake