Sign in to follow this  
neil

RJ58 now on its way to UK

neil

I bought this RJ58 from a guy in White pidgeon Michigan USA, Who is probably quite well Know within the wheelhorse circles .

His name is Joe Papke , & im sure there are a few people here that Know Joe.

This tractor was bought from Joe nearly 2 years ago and has sat at his work all this time waiting for me to collect some other parts and find a good shipping company , and with the help from one of the other EuroHorse Redsquare Members we got a company from the UK to carry out the shipping .

I was pleasantly suprised how easy it was organise the shipping of the the tractor & so far it has been just 2 Phone calls & 3 emails and the tractor is now at the shipping port somewhere in US , ( not sure which docks it would be at but will find out )

When i bought the tractor all those months ago i didnt Know Who Joe was, and i supose i was taking a big risk with paying for the tractor and some parts and letting it sit for two years before being ready to ship the little guy.

so i would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to Joe for being True to his word and also for being patient and Trust worthy and going that extra mile in getting parts for me . I Kinda restores my faith in people knowing that there are people thousands of miles away that will go out of there way to help others.

Hopefully One day i will get to thank Joe in person but i would just like it publically Known here @ REDSQUARE what a great guy Joe is.

There is also a few other people i would like to say a big thanx to who are also important in making juniours trip happen and that goes to

Glen Pettit

Chris Sutton

Both Glen & Chris know why im thanking them

The tractor is being shipped by sea and is due to land in the UK around 10th of June and can be collected on the 13th after customs clearance etc

here is a pic that was sent to me just before the Rj58 started its long journey to the South West of UK

I will post a few more pics of the tractor when i can find them on my PC

securedownload.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Good things come to those who wait Neil...don't forget to capture a few picts opening it up once it arrives on your side. :thumbs:

• Like 1

SousaKerry

Not to question your packaging but did you guys wrap that in a vapor barrier? I know when my company ships to our over seas plants they wrap the inside of the crates with a silver tarp like material to keep the salt air, and spray from eating away at the machinery.

neil

No i dont think it was wrapped with a vapour barrier wrap so i guess i will give it a good wash when it arrives , but thanx for the tip though

Lars

Very nice neil... then u will have a cristmas day in june to :)

The tractor looks to be good too

stevasaurus

Niel, I think it is great how the people on this site are so ready to help out other members. Who would have thought that we are still exporting these excellent horses overseas? You and Lars definitely have a treat coming your way...and I know you both will be exporting pictures back here. Thumbs up guys. :) :) :)

Jake Kuhn

Very cool Neil. I have met Joe quite a few times and been to his house twice,he is a great guy. Jake

Coadster32

Definatly nice to see things like this happening. Nice story!!

meadowfield

awesome Neil ! shame I'll miss seeing it...

cheers

neil

i am hoping to take the tractor to the First Annual wheelhorse show @ Ardingly, so some may be able to see it at the show ..

coldone

Glad to see that there are Great people here that will help out!

Lars

So how its going neil..? any uppdates?

Wheel Horse Kid

Great to see Wheel Horse guys working together! Nice tractor and good luck with it when you get it!

VinsRJ

Ya, did the little horse make it?

neil

Had an email from the shipping company this morning to say that the ship arrives in dock tomorrow morning 7 June and it will be a few days before i can go and collect it.

I have a 4 hour drive to the docks then a 4 hour drive back so not looking forward to that.

I also have an extra Kohler k91 that is coming in the crate for my 1960 suburban so it will be good to see that one running also.

I will take some photos & post when i collect from the shipping depot

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

We are all anxious to see it running again Neil!

Good luck with the drive to pick it up tomorrow!

Wheel-N-It

I know you are really happy about your new arrival Neil. I am happy for you. It is good to be a member here at Redsquare. I have made a few friends here already myself, and looking forward to meeting some more of these fine prople.

Van

neil

Here are a few more pics of the RJ58, It may not be the best looking one around but it has had the engine rebult and the transmission is good & the steering is also good,

The hood seems to be in good straight order

I dont know how original this tractor is , i am told from Joe Papke that it is an early 58 ,it also comes with the belt guard and if i remember correctly it comes with exhaust heat cover .

I have a dilemma as to repaint or keep it as it is so your opinions would be really helpful. i kinda do prefer to keep things original but i have seen some fantastic restorations of the RJs here on redsquare that im not sure which way to go yet.

These picture were taken just before it was prepared for shipping.

The tractor is now in UK and is awaiting clearance from customs so hopefully i will be able to collect early next week ( June 2012 ).

Unfortunetly is doesnt come with a mower deck or any other implement

rj582ndround002.jpg

rj582ndround001.jpg

312Hydro

Glad to read that you are acquiring a new Wheel Horse ! Keep posting those pics!

Anglo Traction

Very nice aquisition Neil. I reckon you should give it a thorough clean and see what your left with, then you can decide which way to go. It look's like the Tin and Frame will clean up reasonably well. Maybe just give the Rims a refresh.

• Like 1

JimD

It's really admirable to see what can happen when people put their heads together. Congrats on your purchase and I hope you get to see it soon. :)

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Neil, I like the clean it up and see what it looks like idea. If you decide to keep it original, maybe just wipe it with used motor oil. I think Stevebo did that in a thread a while ago and it looked great. :) It is only original once, and you can always restore it later.

• Like 1

COMMANDO6

Neil, I like the clean it up and see what it looks like idea. If you decide to keep it original, maybe just wipe it with used motor oil. I think Stevebo did that in a thread a while ago and it looked great.

Huh?

neil

Neil, I like the clean it up and see what it looks like idea. If you decide to keep it original, maybe just wipe it with used motor oil. I think Stevebo did that in a thread a while ago and it looked great. :) It is only original once, and you can always restore it later.

Very nice aquisition Neil. I reckon you should give it a thorough clean and see what your left with, then you can decide which way to go. It look's like the Tin and Frame will clean up reasonably well. Maybe just give the Rims a refresh.

I was kinda hoping you guys would say keep it original as i do like to see them like that

Stevasaurus ....I am curious to know why i should use old used engine oil and not new engine oil ? although i like the idea what look would that give & would the old engine oil turn the paintwork black ish

stevasaurus

I do not know why Neil. They never really answered that in the thread. I'll see if I can find that thread and post a link. It will keep it from rusting any farther though. :)