Sign in to follow this  
Pollack Pete

Broken Charger 12

Pollack Pete

And I mean really broken.Like broken in half.A woman called me a couple months ago and told me of her fathers Wheel Horse that had broken in half.I went and looked at it and made her an offer and came home that night with the rear end,etc.Last night I went and got the rest.Anyone here ever see a frame break like this? Besides welding the pieces back on or changing the frame,anyone have a good repair procedure?The best part of the whole deal was the WH sales brochures that she gave me with the tractor.

post-3248-0-86015400-1336146218_thumb.jp

post-3248-0-24662300-1336146271_thumb.jp

post-3248-0-17699400-1336146329_thumb.jp

post-3248-0-31833900-1336146367_thumb.jp

Anglo Traction

Ouch !!. is that a clean metal break, or caused by rust rot?..... in fact looking at the Strengthening Plate on the Left , it doesn't look like it was originally welded and came apart, tearing the Right hand side.

Oh, I would re-build it around a replacement Frame.

oldredrider

MERCY!!!!!!!! A poster child for tractor abuse.

fourwheels0

tear it completely down to the bare frame then sandblast and re-weld it correctly.

does it look like the left side was never welded?.

Pollack Pete

tear it completely down to the bare frame then sandblast and re-weld it correctly.

does it look like the left side was never welded?.

Nope.......looks like the left side was never welded.Musta been a Monday or Friday tractor.Maybe I can get it fixed under waranty.Not bad,lasted 40 yrs with only one side welded.Should last 80 yrs once it's repaired. :ychain:
  • Like 1

bowtiebutler956

You see something new every day! Wow a :wh: broke in half. :scared-eek: I think I would find a different frame, maybe give Kelly a call. That is an awesome brochure, it still looks new! Love it! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

can whlvr

i would weld a thicker plate in,lots of wheelhorses do break there but seldom actually break in half,i have had lots of horses that needed repairs to that area

KC9KAS

Personally, I would start with a different frame, paint the frame and put the parts back on with fresh paint. You get the tractor put back together and a new paint job!

jay in nc

pete it would be cool to post that brochure into the files, i need to find out more about the acc. drive on the 500 special as that drive is on my workhorse 800. very cool! Jay

squonk

I have a complete 520H frame you can have if you want to make the drive. I'm going to scrap it along with my other junk right before the big show for some gas money. I'm located right between Rochester and Syracuse

baerpath

Pete I have a Bronco 14 if you need a frame for it. frame should be the same

Duane

can whlvr

boy you guys are lucky down there to have parts tractors,up here we have to have them shipped or bite the bullet and go to toro,so its nice to see guys helping each other out