Sign in to follow this  
redhorse100

b and c series wheel horse

redhorse100

hi fairly new to wheel horse. had a 252h that i used to cut my grass that i sold last week. wanted to up grade to a c series horse. my question is this. someone tol me a and b series were light duty tractors like what i had. looked at a 78 b-111 an was lite duty stamped frame small wheels and yet looked at adds for maybe a b-80 and it looked like a c series . are there two types of b series lite and medium. thanks

Sparky

Your right, there were both light duty and heavy duty "B" series machines. The only "B" tractors that are heavy duty like your looking for are the B-60, B-80 and B-100. The B-60 was a 7hp pull start machine with an 8 speed tranny. The B-80 came both 4 speed and 8 speed. The B-100 came with an 8 speed or a hydro tranny.

:WRS:

Mike............

bean

I believe the verticle shaft b series tractors are considered light duty.

the horizontal shaft kohler powered tractors are heavy duty. the c series tractors are all heavy duty. emphasis on "heavy". like a tank.

Rooster

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Verticle shaft A and B series machines were "Lawn Tractors" And the Horizontal shaft machines were "Garden Tractors"

Kelly

:text-yeahthat:

bowtiebutler956

:WRS: Well, I think they pretty well covered your question. Here is a pic of my B-80. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

post-6076-0-78488000-1336171421.jpg

redhorse100

:WRS: Well, I think they pretty well covered your question. Here is a pic of my B-80. :thumbs:

that is one great looking tractor!!! the only thing that could make that any better is if it were mine thanks

that is one great looking tractor!!! the only thing that could make that any better is if it were mine thanks

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Verticle shaft A and B series machines were "Lawn Tractors" And the Horizontal shaft machines were "Garden Tractors"

thanks for the information

I believe the verticle shaft b series tractors are considered light duty.

the horizontal shaft kohler powered tractors are heavy duty. the c series tractors are all heavy duty. emphasis on "heavy". like a tank.

thanks for the information i am looking at a c-100 now

redhorse100

thanks for the information. i am looking at a c-100. runs good looks good even has the two piece seat with no rips.

• Like 1

gwgdog66

thanks for the information. i am looking at a c-100. runs good looks good even has the two piece seat with no rips.

I believe you will be happy with a C-100 :grin:

redmosquito1

I have what I believe to be a HD 76 B100 and love it. Hooking up stuff to it is crazy easy.

redhorse100

I have what I believe to be a HD 76 B100 and love it. Hooking up stuff to it is crazy easy.

yes left a deposit on a c-100 picking it up in a few days man would not let me take untill he goes over it a bit. changing the oil and grease and putting in new battery. thanks joe w

redmosquito1

Wow, that is service.

redhorse100

Wow, that is service.

yea he is the (wheelhorse godfather around here) been working on them for years. has a lot a them. fixes them up from dead and works on other peoples work horses. met him last year when i wanted to upgrade from a 252h. didnt know any thing then and went out and bought a gt-1600 in bad shape. lasted two weeks and blue up. needed everything. hes been my yodi for my wheel horse training since. hope to be a wheel horse jedi soon.