Sign in to follow this  
fourwheels0

73 16 auto value.

fourwheels0

i'm looking at getting this what's it worth?

the generator and mount is not included.

the engine is just rebuilt with brand new carb,all hydraulics work good ect.

008.jpg

CRE1992

Probably between $400-700 IMO

Hodge71

It really depends on where youre at. In my area, with a genuine WH 3000 watt generator, I would pay $750 to $900 and not feel 1 ounce of guilt of feel I got screwed. You could easily get $400 for the generator by itself and a 16 hp Kohler thumper is a really great engine.

fourwheels0

ok thanks.

that's just about what i thought.

he will not sell the generator or mount he's keeping that.

i'll post better pics if i get it. i should i hope lol.

pfrederi

Rebuild can mean different things to different people. i would want to know what work was done....(and by who)

fourwheels0

Rebuild can mean different things to different people. i would want to know what work was done....(and by who)

the guy that owns it did the rebuild. he's been doing it for years.

he tore it down to the bare block and redid everything. crank,bearing's,valves,gaskets ect.

it also has a BRAND NEW #30 carburetor (big bucks on that)

i've seen 4 or 5 of his rebuilds and he does great work and they sound fantastic when done. he doesn't skimp on anything.

hopefully i'll have it in my possession by the 14th.

pfrederi

the guy that owns it did the rebuild. he's been doing it for years.

he tore it down to the bare block and redid everything. crank,bearing's,valves,gaskets ect.

it also has a BRAND NEW #30 carburetor (big bucks on that)

i've seen 4 or 5 of his rebuilds and he does great work and they sound fantastic when done. he doesn't skimp on anything.

hopefully i'll have it in my possession by the 14th.

That would be very reassuring...

Sparky

It really depends on where youre at. In my area, with a genuine WH 3000 watt generator, I would pay $750 to $900 and not feel 1 ounce of guilt of feel I got screwed. You could easily get $400 for the generator by itself and a 16 hp Kohler thumper is a really great engine.

I know this thread is about the tractor and not the gen, but the 3000 watter is only 120 volts and wont bring $400. Its a $250 item if you ask me. Now if it was the Wheel Horse 5000 watt unit it would be worth $400 +.

Mike............

bowtiebutler956

I love it!! Of course I love all the Horses that came with the K-341. :woohoo: The 16, c-160, c-161, 486. :bow-blue: I have got to get one. That's a great looking machine, hope you get it! :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

can whlvr

i have a c160 and would not even think of selling it for anything less than 1200.00 where i live,i know lots of you guys are gonna say thats too high,we dont see very many horses unalone 16hp kohlers,that rebuild is worth 500 before the block,i know ive rebuilt a few kohlers lately,she looks nice so i would think at least 700.00 for the tractor,but thats my opinion only

fourwheels0

well it was not meant to be aarrgg!!!!!!!!.

called today and he sold it.

546cowboy

Well I did sell a 1973 16 Auto that I redid last year to a guy in WI for $1100 with a deck.

post-1334-0-60496600-1336750069_thumb.jp