Sign in to follow this  
jay in nc

4 wheel wagon

jay in nc

kpinnc emailed me a week ago about a WH wagon , it was up the road from him, the owner was firm on the price an the unit was rough. i told him to get it and i would take it, well it wasent as rough as it looked! the paint underneith could be cleaned up, all the grease zerks took grease all 4 tires took air & are holding all decals are great the serial # is A-74598 , any one know the year of manufacture? it has surface rust only ,still has the masonite bed liner with no holes, no rust holes any where. it was kept out off the weather. my plans are to spray clear over the decals and the wife will use it as is . it will not be left outside over night. so here are the pictures. looks right at home behind the bronco dosent it !post-4393-0-54341200-1335750974_thumb.jppost-4393-0-85143500-1335751106_thumb.jppost-4393-0-26281000-1335751169_thumb.jppost-4393-0-97470300-1335751268_thumb.jppost-4393-0-60432700-1335751344_thumb.jppost-4393-0-95084200-1335751426_thumb.jppost-4393-0-92548000-1335751502_thumb.jp

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Very Nice! :thumbs: I need to get one of those to tote my kids around with! :woohoo:

Matt :flags-texas:

AMC RULES

Looks awesome...just like a matched set Jay. :bow-blue:

Martin

would love to get one like that, i have a simplicity one right now, but not quite the same as a :wh:........

gwest_ca

1964 model UW-643

Garry

kpinnc

I was glad to get it to you Jay. I know it's found a good home!

Kelly

Nice I kinda want one of those someday, I was going to say Pre 65 that is when they used the sticker with the serial no, after 64 they used metal tags.

VinsRJ

Very nice score!

pfrederi

Four wheel wagons are nice...until you have to back one up...at least this is small enough to do by hand. if you have it loaded good luck. (You may want to mount a front hitch on one of your tractors if you have ot do much backing up when loaded.

SousaKerry

Backing a 4 wheeled wagon is what separates the men from the boys. :auto-swerve: And if your up for a real challenge try it with a fully loaded 4 wheeled grain wagon, them wheels don't like to steer with 5 tons of grain on them, the trick is to put a hitch on the front of the tractor and use wheel brakes...

oh wait were talking about Wheel Horses...nevermind

Sweet wagon though

PPGman

I have a wagon that looks just like that. Like others have said, i'm guessing it dates somewhere in the mid 60's. When i was a kid, we used that wagon for everything from hauling wood, ash, grass and basically anything we could get into it. Its a great heavy duty little wagon. Learn how to back one of those babies up, and you'll have no problem getting those hay and grain wagons backed up into the barn :)

CasualObserver

Congrats on that. Nice one. has to be pre-1965 since it's got a white decal serial tag. (in 1965 they changed to the stamped black and silver aluminum tags) so... it's a UW-64x (UW-six forty something)

I love my four wheel wagon. I currently park my Suburban 400 in it... two for one on the foot print in the garage! Transport them to our local show that way too. Somewhere there's a pictures of it. Still use it too. (I know... blashpemy, right? :scared-eek: ) It hauls mulch and dirt and the occasional daughter. :)

KC9KAS

Very nice wagon...I wish I had one!

jay in nc

i learned to back loaded ejector hay wagons up hill into the barn in 1970 behind a j.d. 2010 tractor. that said i tried yesterday and i sure am out of practice! Jay

CasualObserver

Don't beat yourself up Jay... being smaller, I think they're harder... you don't have any correction time.