Sign in to follow this  
Wheel Crazy

Help!!

Wheel Crazy

My 1979 C-81 hasn't been getting fuel lately. After replacing the fuel line, fuel filter, and a new fuel pump the gas is still not getting to the engine. I tried with a gravity fed gas tank and the tractor ran great!! If you have any ideas on to what the problem is let me know!! Thanks!!

Kelly

Sometimes on the rear tank tractors, I wrap a rag around the gas tank opening and blow in the tank with my mouth to push gas up to the engine, (if you use a air hose be VERY careful don't blow the lines off, or split the tank), sometimes I fill the tank up full, and pull the line off at the pump and let it flow, rehook the line and it should prime, these pumps don't pull the fuel well from the back of the tractor if the lines are full of air.

Sparky

Dont forget about the shutoff under the tank. It has a strainer screen that might be gunked up. Probably best to swap it out since the rest of your fuel system is brand new.

Mike.........

• Like 1

Kelly

:text-yeahthat: sometimes I forget the normal stuff I do :banghead:

WH854

Make sure your fuel pump lever is posistioned above your cam shaft, if it isn't it will result in damage to your fuel pump and engine, per kohler manual.

Chas

smoreau

I have had shut off valves that were plugged with rust,

bowtiebutler956

The shut off valve was plugged solid on my B-80, I unplugged it with a screwdriver, and removed the screen. It has an inline fuel filter, so I wasn't worried about the screen. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

bo dawg

My 1979 C-81 hasn't been getting fuel lately. After replacing the fuel line, fuel filter, and a new fuel pump the gas is still not getting to the engine. I tried with a gravity fed gas tank and the tractor ran great!! If you have any ideas on to what the problem is let me know!! Thanks!!

I assume since you had the old items removed you would of seen gas somewhere. When you removed the line did gas leak out that was in the line? If not then the problem is in the tank screen/filter. I assume there is no inline filter to replace. If you did then maybe the carb if plugged. :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Wheel Crazy

Well I took off the screen and cleaned the inside of the tank out, and made sure there was no air in the line, and still no luck. I even had a primer ball on there and it would still loose prime.after running a while.

rmaynard

Make sure that the vent in the gas cap is not clogged.

WH854

Well I took off the screen and cleaned the inside of the tank out, and made sure there was no air in the line, and still no luck. I even had a primer ball on there and it would still loose prime.after running a while.

Did you get it to run??? :scratchead:

Chas