Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Renting out a tractor??

can whlvr

well kelly its none of my buisness but i dont know if its worth it,alot of good questions have been raised,but if you were gonna do it up here a rental shop wants about a hundred bucks a day,thats based on 8 hours and you have to refuel the vertical john deere,if you only use it for 10 min,its still 100 bucks,obviously you cant charge that much but you would have to get 25 bucks an hour of use,plus delivery and pickup if needed and she would need to be full of fuel

kloe0699

I'm all for helping anyone that needs it. It haunts you sometimes though these days. Could you take a deposit of say $250 and set him up with a less valuable machine and no contract? The contract puts you into a legal mess, I think. This way you help him and you don't put a $700+ horse in that situation. In the end the only one that could lose out here is you.

perry

if it was a friend I wouldn't be asking this question he would just have to buy gas, and mow his yard, I'd love to be a super nice guy and let this person use it for free, .

so does this mean i can borrow your loader tractor for 6 months ...LOL

stevasaurus

if it was a friend I wouldn't be asking this question he would just have to buy gas, and mow his yard, I'd love to be a super nice guy and let this person use it for free, .

Perry...now that is funny...crackin' me up. :)

Hydro

Perry...now that is funny...crackin' me up. :)

Borrow not lease...eh!

Kelly

well Perry not the loader, but you know I'd loan you a mower.

KC9KAS

So Kelly...what is "The rest of the story"?

Kelly

He wasn't happy I changed my mind on what tractor he would be getting to use, and I sold the RD deck I was going to put on, so I would have used a SD deck, he wasn't happy about that, and I only told him I would think about it this weekend, it was not a done deal, he started getting pushy and I guess he ticked me off, so I told him forget it, I don't need the head ache anyway, so I have a C-125 hydro cleaned up and ready to sell.

can whlvr

in the end it will be a much safer (for you)thing to do sell her and then you dont have to worry about rental contracts,is he gonna respect it,your just better off i think