Sign in to follow this  
bo dawg

Pic's of the SK486 I picked up last night

bo dawg

Its rough and dirty but shouldn't be a problem, just a little work. Needs new muffler, been welded to many times. Like I said in my earlier post rode hard put up wet! BUT was garage kept, just never cleaned up.

DSC04849.jpg

DSC04850.jpg

DSC04853.jpg

DSC04848.jpg

DSC04851.jpg

DSC04852.jpg

Deck is pretty rough, I am going to spend some time this weekend and dig in to it and see what all I got.

Change the oils and try to clean up a bit. I'll know more then if I will be cussing and kicking or smiling. Not too sure.

PO said the 48" deck rusted through and pullies fell through so he picked up this little 36" and put on I think just to say it had a deck for the sell. If I knew it was in this shape I wouldn't have got it. Little too far of drive for me for this.

• Like 2

jay in nc

wow that is my dream tractor. c161 8 speed but with a solid mount 16 kohler single, all the best from a c160 and a c161 , big rear gas tank, wish i was closer id take it off your hands. this is a special tractor. Jay

kloe0699

She's purdy! :ychain: A little tlc and it should be a great worker.

AMC RULES

So, If I'm reading the model list correctly...that's a one year only model? :dunno:

01-16KH01 1982 C Series Garden Tractor SK-486 8-Speed Kohler K341AS-71311A 16 Wheel Horse 5086

jay in nc

oh and i love when they make a rear discharge deck into a side discharge , butchers , they never cut worth a flip again. Jay

kloe0699

So, If I'm reading the model list correctly...that's a one year only model? :dunno:

01-16KH01 1982 C Series Garden Tractor SK-486 8-Speed Kohler K341AS-71311A 16 Wheel Horse 5086

That's the way I understand it also.

oh and i love when they make a rear discharge deck into a side discharge , butchers , they never cut worth a flip again. Jay

It had a deck? I was too busy drooling to notice! :)

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:ROTF:

That's a really nice score there, can't wait to see it all cleaned up. :thumbs:

• Like 1

bo dawg

Thank you guy's, I'm feeling a little bit better about it now. I just didn't know anything about this model till now.

Yeah model number is correct, but under that # 01-16KH01 is 2055.

1maidenfan

Looks like you have a couple really nice horses in there !!!

Nice find!

• Like 1

BOWTIE

HELLO BO DAWG, I HAVE A SK486 I BOUGHT NEW. THE 16HP KOHLER HAS MORE POWER THEN I EVER NEEDED. MINE CAME WITH A 42" SIDE DECK. I PAID $1900 DELIVERED IN MARCH OF 1983. I MOWED WITH MINE FOR YEARS AND I ONLY USE IT FOR VACUUMING UP LEAVES WITH A DR VACUUM SET SET UP. I HAVE CHERRISH THIS TRACTOR SINSE NEW. IT IS MY FAVOR WHEEL HORSE THAT I OWN, IT WAS THE LAST ONE BEFORE THEY SARTED CUTTING CORNERS. I WILL SEND YOU PICTURES IF INTERESTED. THANKS

BOWTIE IN OHIO BOWTIE@COLUMBUS.RR.COM

1975 B80 36"

1982 SK486 42"

1994 314-8 42"

1999 314-8 42"

• Like 1

bo dawg

HELLO BO DAWG, I HAVE A SK486 I BOUGHT NEW. THE 16HP KOHLER HAS MORE POWER THEN I EVER NEEDED. MINE CAME WITH A 42" SIDE DECK. I PAID $1900 DELIVERED IN MARCH OF 1983. I MOWED WITH MINE FOR YEARS AND I ONLY USE IT FOR VACUUMING UP LEAVES WITH A DR VACUUM SET SET UP. I HAVE CHERRISH THIS TRACTOR SINSE NEW. IT IS MY FAVOR WHEEL HORSE THAT I OWN, IT WAS THE LAST ONE BEFORE THEY SARTED CUTTING CORNERS. I WILL SEND YOU PICTURES IF INTERESTED. THANKS

BOWTIE IN OHIO BOWTIE@COLUMBUS.RR.COM

1975 B80 36"

1982 SK486 42"

1994 314-8 42"

1999 314-8 42"

Sounds very cool! Yeah send me some pic's of it. Thanks!

bowtiebutler956

That thing is a diamond in the ruff, and I would love to own one!! I think it was worth it, that's one rare Horse. :text-datsphatyo::wicked:

Matt

• Like 1

whfan74

Looks to be a nice tractor Bo! I will be in touch with you in regards to your questions.

gwest_ca

Thank you guy's, I'm feeling a little bit better about it now. I just didn't know anything about this model till now.

2055 is Wednesday February 24, 1982.

What is the serial number? Should be between 24032 and 24747

Garry

bo dawg

Garry

Sure is Garry it is 24245

bo dawg

Thanks for the help and the comments everybody.

I'm starting to get antsy to tare into it and see whats under all the filth.

BOWTIE

BO DAWG, SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO. BOWTIE@COLUMBUS.RR.COM. THANKS

wheelhorse 1045

wow great find

gwest_ca

Garry

Only have 4 serial numbers and 3 build dates so far with yours making 107 units built to date.

I do not have BOWTIE's serial and date.

One of these is mine in that country north of you.

Garry

• Like 1

SousaKerry

Nice tractor, so I take it this model was to use up old hood stands and hoods laying arround the factory, by 82 they should have been well into the black hoods?

bo dawg

Nice tractor, so I take it this model was to use up old hood stands and hoods laying arround the factory, by 82 they should have been well into the black hoods?

I wouldn't doubt that a bit. But she's a solid one! I'm surprised they didn't put the engine on the pan.

Garry

Only have 4 serial numbers and 3 build dates so far with yours making 107 units built to date.

I do not have BOWTIE's serial and date.

One of these is mine in that country north of you.

Garry

Oh..you mean they were very limited production? or thats all there is known about.

BOWTIE

HELLO GUYS, MY SK486 IS 24170 2053. I SENT BO DAWG PICTURES OF MINE TONIGHT. I BOUGHT A NEW LEFT OVER IN 1983. THANKS

BOWTIE IN OHIO.

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Hey Bowtie, I just looked in your gallery at your SK486. :woohoo: That's a sharp lookin machine. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

bo dawg

Hey Bowtie, I just looked in your gallery at your SK486. :woohoo: That's a sharp lookin machine. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Its a beautiful machine!!!

Hydro

Nice find Bo dawg!

I am curious to know what the differences would be between this tractor and the 416-8? I realize the 416-8 is a 400 series as opposed to an SK series but what does that mean between the two models? I recognize the later 416's came with a Magnum and this one is a K series Kohler.

Thanks