Sign in to follow this  
Dieselcowboy

Lawn Ranger

Dieselcowboy

Got a new (to me) lawn ranger the other day. I think it is around a 67' model. I wish I had a pic right now. Needs some parts like a fender pan and better wheels but beggars can't be choosers. Anyone tell me what they know about these mowers? Closest I have is a 753.

speedyleedy

There a good little tractor, their should be alot of guy's on this site that can help you out ! :)

littleredrider

I had two, sold one and kept one. I have a 63 now, and is a neat little tractor. Has the round hood like the big brothers, and the rounded rear fenders as well. Only issue I had with it is if the mower deck is on, there is no foot peg on the right side, the belt for the deck is in the way. The other thing was the turning radius. It is horrible. Couldn't even turn it around in a rather large driveway.

I had a 67, like what you have. Great little tractor as well. These have much better steering, and look just like the bigger tractors, just scaled down. Also the right peg is bent to clear the belt. I ended up selling this one, but not before I swapped frames. So now the 63 still looks like a 63, but has the tighter steering and the bend in the right side peg to clear the mower belt.

They are small, so easy to maneuver, can get under tree limbs easier, and if it gets stuck or something, lite enough to practically pick it up and move it.

Usually when people see it, they ask if it's a real tractor or a kid's toy....

This is actually a lawn ranger, just has "big boy" shoes on it.

2802776210043830172S600x600Q85.jpg

• Like 1

ol550

:WRS: and :text-worthless: :ychain:

pfrederi

M L-107 is my favorite and most frequently used (hauling stuff, pushing snow) she no longer has mower duty. I like her (especially as I get older) as she is so easy to get on and off. Does yours have electric start?? There is a fender pan on Ebay right now.

50bf4f180699266.jpg

AMC RULES

Post up some picts when you can.

:WRS:

Steve in Mo

I have a L-106 all apart for restoration right now. I also like it because at 65 with bad knees it is very easy on and off.paid $100 for it and it still had the dealer sticker from 1966 on the dash. Will have to paint very carefully around it.

Dieselcowboy

Finally got those pics for everyone. Not perfect but a great candidate for restoration as it is all here right down to the deck I think.

post-6454-0-27791500-1332555116_thumb.jp

post-6454-0-12987500-1332555128_thumb.jp

post-6454-0-49403800-1332555148_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Dieselcowboy

Also I have a serial # of 446430. Anyone know where to find years of wheel horse tractors?

bowtiebutler956

Very cool! :wicked: Looks like its still a very solid machine. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Lane Ranger

The hood decal should mean that it is a 1968 Lawn Ranger. Metal tag on the left side of the hood stand should be the model and serial number.

pfrederi

Its a 68 (Decal, 3 spoke wheel, flat belt guard). You scored a solid machine..most every one I have seen (mine included) the hood is cracked at the front seam. You will want to get the correct seat (or put some padding on that saddle).

Dieselcowboy

Anyone have one of these parted down? I don't need to give and arm and leg for parts though. Need a fender pan and a front and back rim that I know of.

littleredrider

There is a some lawn ranger parts on evilbay...

Kelly

I have about 5 of them I'm parting out, send me a PM.

gwest_ca

Also I have a serial # of 446430. Anyone know where to find years of wheel horse tractors?

That is a 1968 serial number.

What model is it?

1-1631 with recoil start or

1-2631 with electric start

Garry