Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Any shooters on RS

Rollerman

One of my other hobbies besides WheelHorse's, boating, ATV's I like to shoot, plink, try to break clays (I need bigger clays).

I don't think of my self as a prepper & I'm not a hunter...just like to shoot, appreciate the mechanics of firearms & always looking for new guns to fill the empty spaces in my safe.

It's actually been a few years since I've done any shooting, but for awhile now I've been wanting to get back into it.

Hopeing with the glasses I got last winter I can see the targets better too. :hide:

At my present location I'm not really close to anyplace that I can shoot ot plink other than the Tri County range in North Webster 45 minutes south of me & it's useally crowded.

After our move coming up real soon I'll be within 10 minutes of a friends farm that will let me shoot on his property & a new indoor range will be opening soon a few blocks from the new house in Goshen, IN (Rocket Guns).

Looking forward to dusting off the Ruger 10/22's, or some backyard sporting clays with my Berretta A390 I have yet to shoot.

My wife Marlene even has shown an interest & wants to learn how to shoot...today I picked up a S&W 22S pistol that should be good for her to learn on.

My stepson Taylor is an avid hunter & is very good with firearms.

He has better aim than I ever did....ticks me off & makes me proud when I watch him shoot too. :handgestures-thumbup:

Just curious in any you other RS'ers are gun fans, shooters, plinkers or hunters.

Maybe some of us local RS'ers could get together for a shooting day....I may even bring an off brand GT for a target.

Kelly

I also love to plink, I don't hunt, but two of my kids do they both go with their uncles deer, turkey, and small game, Ryan age 11 has been shooting for a few years got his first kill last fall 2 squirrel, my daughter Hunter age 16 loves to hunt but has only shot a sick raccoon, they both own their own guns, My brother inlaw runs a local range about 5 mile from here the kids go a lot, they took hunters safety there, I also go to a buddy's to shoot, we go to yard sales to pick up things to shoot at, mostly old toys of all kinds from cars to dolls, when my brothers lived near me the 4 of us would buy a box of 500 rounds of .22 shells, each!! of us, and spend the day shooting then have a cook out and bon fire, the kids would join in also.

Rollerman

Sounds like fun Kelly, used to do that stuff too back when...

shootinok

well - the name pretty much says it.

I love to shoot! I too have been out of the game for a while. Spent two years in DC and obviously couldn't bring certain hobbies with me.

I'm looking forward to getting back into it now that I'm back. I used to be an instructor for the Boy Scouts and my kids can all really put 'em in the bullseye down range.

• Like 1

Rollerman

well - the name pretty much says it.

I love to shoot! I too have been out of the game for a while. Spent two years in DC and obviously couldn't bring certain hobbies with me.

I'm looking forward to getting back into it now that I'm back. I used to be an instructor for the Boy Scouts and my kids can all really put 'em in the bullseye down range.

And with eyes like that in your avatar pic, it looks like you could handle a pair of wheel guns simultaneously... :ychain:

gwgdog66

Ohh Yea!! Sporting Clays; Dove; Pheasant; Turkey; and i have a couple of 45 Uberti cattleman single actions that are fun.

kloe0699

I used to shoot a lot. Mostly with a 10-22 to keep the cost down. 2 years ago my brother and I took a re-loading course at the local gun club. It apparently rekindled the flame as we now have a full blown re-loading setup in his cellar. We don't shoot as much as we did back when neither of us had kids(and had nothing better to do!) but at least it's coming back. We both hunt and re-load for that also. This summer we have been talking about putting together some light loads for plinking with the hunting rifles.

Butch

I belong to a gun club and do some of my own reloading but don't consider myself a shooter.

perry

i like to small game hunt. i have not gone hunting since the year 2000. my dad past away in 2001 and i just have never got back into the groove. guns just sit in the safe. i did break out the sears 16ga double barrel last year and shot some shells thru it.

my dad was a huge clay pigeon shooter. back in the day when we lived on the farm my dad built a shooting range . i can remember all his buddys comeing out to shoot every sunday . he had the fastest finger out of his friends hitting the two triggers on the 16ga and dropping birds. my birthday lands on the first day of pheasant seaon. i could allways plan on haveing that day off of school, waking up early with dad and hitting the corn fields for birds.

my dad belonged to one of the top 5 largest deer camps in northern MI. with 2700 acres of private land we had alot of nice bird hunting in the fall. i am not a big deer hunter but blessed that the members still invite me to the club. it is a place where me and my dad had alot of good memorys . i still go there twice a year in the off-season and help cut wood and maintain the club . i am not a member yet but they want me in there. just is a bit pricey. hopeing someday i will join. ill be going there this may :)

• Like 1

Hydro

Used to be but our gun laws up here got to the point I sold all of mine and gave up the hobby. In my law enforcement days I trained in Peekskill New York completing an FBI Advanced Firearms course and then returned to complete the FBI Firearms Instructor's Course. I hunted for 3 years in the Rockies and shot two bull elk and a mule deer. Used to shoot Trap, ***** and Sporting Clays. Did some bench rest too. Loved to hunt chucks. Loaded all my own shotgun and rifle ammo.

I had some gorgeous guns over the years. Brings back a lot of memories just thinking about it.

Hydro

I used to be an avid shooter and hunter. In my law enforcement days I was on two FBI firearms training courses in Peekskill NY. Advanced firearms training and the FBI Firearms Instructors course. I hunted three times in the Rockies on horseback and shot two bull elk and a mule deer. Shot moose and white tail deer here in Ontario and black bear. I loaded all my own ammunition as well. Our gun laws here got the point where I decided to sell all my guns rather than register them and so now the only shooting I do is with a camera.

Sorry posted twice, thought I lost the first post for some reason it did not like the word s k e e t

MaineDad

I do - I like old Marlin rifles, specifically their 22 long rifles. I have a sand pit within walking distance that we like to go plinking. I am looking for an old Marlin / Glenfield 60 to restore right now too.

Hydro

Do you have a .444 marlin?

puddlejumper

I will follow the same theme here. Used to be all I did it seemed like but now most of the guns just set in the closet. The oldest boy is into it pretty heavy. He took his first buck at the age of eight with a firearm and Ive lost count of the number since with muzzleloader and shotgun since. He also took his first archery deer at the age of 10, that is where he shines before I got rid of my rabbit dogs He would take his bow and clay would carry a410 and you still didnt know who was going to have the fullest bag at the end of the day. I have seen him shoot a lot of rabbits in the back of the head as they headed away from him in front of the dogs. He is pretty rough on squirrell s with it also during deer season. He can pretty well split hairs with a 22 rifle but his knack for archery has always impressed me.

VinsRJ

I have been a personal defense and tactical shooter for years.

• Like 1

Rollerman

Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming.

Anybody care to share a pic or two of your favorite gun?

I've been keeping some of my more valuable pistols & rifles in my FIL's gun vault....yep when he built his place he made a concrete block/rebar reinforced & with a safe door vault in his basement.

Sadly I havn't even seen my 1911's in a few years...may have to go clean a path through his basment this coming weekend so I can get to them.

I'm hopeing to get out this weekend & do some shooting with an old friend that I used to shoot with about every weekend before we both got married.

Looking forward to it & hopeing to shoot this Berretta A390 I picked up a few winters back.

Tay's had it out a few times & keeps telling me how well it shoots...

Berratta12guage.jpg

MaineDad

Do you have a .444 marlin?

Nope

stevebo

I like that Vin... personal defense and tactical shooter.... I have just one gun and have never shot it nor do I have any shells for it. Without having a proper gun cabinet to store it and with the kids around I do not feel it would be a safe thing to do. I have it locked in a gun box (16 gauge single shotgun). In high school/college I had my pistol permit to carry here in CT. At the time I had a 380. I would love to get into shooting and maybe do some pheasant hunting with my buddy.

VinsRJ

I guess the interesting thing is.... In my 15+ years of owning firearms, I have never owned a long gun....

Rollerman

I guess the interesting thing is.... In my 15+ years of owning firearms, I have never owned a long gun....

All pistols then, no tactical shotguns?

chesbaycruiser

Hunted when I was in my late teens and early twenties, but as much as I loved getting out in the woods, my heart just wasn't in it. I do still like to shoot though.

These days I enjoy occasionally getting out there and shooting at sporting clays (I occasionally hit one) with my Browning Sweet 16.

• Like 1

Rollerman

Hunted when I was in my late teens and early twenties, but as much as I loved getting out in the woods, my heart just wasn't in it. I do still like to shoot though.

These days I enjoy occasionally getting out there and shooting at sporting clays (I occasionally hit one) with my Browning Sweet 16.

Chris those Browning Sweet 16's are nice shotguns...if you can get used to looking over the weird shaped receiver.

My father inlaw has one in his collection.

Sounds like we shoot sporting clays about the same way, I still have a fun doing it & if the grounds soft enough you can shoot all day with a few clays.

KC9KAS

I have a couple of hand guns, but haven't shot them in years.

The only thing I hunt is deer that are double breasted, split tails!

VinsRJ

All pistols then, no tactical shotguns?

No shot guns either. Carry gun is a Glock 23 .40 or Colt 1911 .45. On just plain simplicity the Glock fits the bill 99% of the time. I must have approx 1500 round through that pistol.

kloe0699

A few pics of my Steyr .308. I bought it with the intention of hunting with it. Now it has become mostly a bench gun.

post-2807-0-31950800-1332445129_thumb.jp

post-2807-0-30244200-1332445150_thumb.jp