Sign in to follow this  
kloe0699

Wheel horse blender!

kloe0699

I was in the process today of getting out my 2 8 speeds to get them running for the season, the kids have been asking to ride them. I pushed the 73 10 horse out, checked the oil and hit the key... A mouse came shooting out of the side of it all mangled up and doing a leg kick in the yard. :evil: Upon further review I realised I had made mouse soup! It's hard to tell but after sorting through the carnage I believe there were 2 more in there. :ychain:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I wonder if mouse soup tastes like chicken...fricasseed? :scratchead:

bowtiebutler956

Home wrecker! Those poor mice went to all the trouble to make your Horse they're penthouse suite, and what do you do? Grind them up into soup. :scared-eek: You should be ashamed of yourself! :teasing-poke::ROTF:

Matt :flags-texas:

stevebo

Burnt mouse has it's own smell...

Sparky

Unfortunately chopping then up is only part of the solution. Now you need to remove the flywheel shroud and get the nest out. Mice suck!!

Mike.........

farmer

If years of watching Tom and Jerry have taught me anything, I'd watch my back if I were you ! :hide:

varosd

Here I come to save the day!!!! Mighty mouse!!

Jake Kuhn

If years of watching Tom and Jerry have taught me anything, I'd watch my back if I were you ! :hide:

:ROTF:

jay in nc

well they built a nest behind the dash on my welding machine. and after welding an hour on my porch i looked over and it was on fire, i shut off the engine & blew the fire out with the air hose. i took the hood&side covers off replaced a bunch of burnt wires, that was 8 or 9 years ago & i havent replaced the pannels yet. mice,rats& groundhogs suck! jay

Rollerman

I never chopped up a critter inside an engine yet, but the other day I degreased & washed my 417-8.

They must hold a fair amount of water in the shroud.

Standing off to the left side of the tractor I went to pop it off...it then ejected all that cruddy water back at me..... :wacko:

can whlvr

definatly look for nests,i blew up my c101 because of mice nests blocking air flow

corn53

Cleaned one out of my Raider 14 today :angry: Taking the shroud off is a pain. Hate those lil :ranting:

kloe0699

I never chopped up a critter inside an engine yet, but the other day I degreased & washed my 417-8.

They must hold a fair amount of water in the shroud.

Standing off to the left side of the tractor I went to pop it off...it then ejected all that cruddy water back at me..... :wacko:

I have done that myself. :laughing-rofl:

I blew it out well with the compressor and then ran it for a bit, repeated this process 4-5 times. It seems to be flowing well. I think it's all out but now ya guys have me wondering?. This little motor runs better than anything I own, I will pull the shroud and check for sure. 3 confirmed kills, I would hate to have the fourth one be that engine. :disgust:

SNYFIX

Yes, remove the shroud and remove that meeses nest.

kloe0699

Yes, remove the shroud and remove that meeses nest.

Little pests.. :angry-cussing:

SousaKerry

When I disassembled that Wisconsin it had about 3 or 4 generations of mice nests in it, gotta love that nice mouse piss smell then the acid and ammonia in it attacks the metal makes a real mess. I have an old junker 12hp sitting out back that the mice were in there so long the air shroud was completely rotted trough from it.