Sign in to follow this  
troutbum

H-60 Wiring

troutbum

Ok I've got l-156 lawn ranger but no engine :(..( its suppose to be a tecumseh H-60).but ebay has fixed that :)...but its a pull start :( ...but I'm going to fix that :)...but I need some help.

I need to know how the wiring is setup. All the way from the ignition down to the charging system. Any an all help will be much appreciated!!!

the way i read your request is that you bought an h-60 on ebay....correct??? if so , does the engine have the charging system? there should be three wires coming out under the flywheel that goes to a circuit board with a fuse and two diodes. two wires are for charging and the other wire is for the points in the magneto

sounds like you are going to add an 12 volt starter....does the flywheel have a ring gear?

• Like 1

pfrederi

If the engine is a recoil start then you are long way from home. The recoil start uses a different magneto-stator system and probably does not have a ring gear.. To convert it to electric start you will need a new magneto-stator, a panel as described above probably a new flywheel with a ring gear and a starter motor. the wiring schematic is a minor issue. Tell us more about your new motor (spec Number???)

troutbum

@305 yes I did. but it has none of the above lol an yes I'm going to make it an electric start(change the flywheel an mount starter etc.) no the flywheel does not a ring gear.

@pfrederi it is an h-60-75117e recoil start an I dont mind a good challenge this is a project I'm going to be workin on for a while so i will eventuall get all the parts...jus need to know what I need :)

pfrederi

Just a partial list

Flywheel 30755

Stator plate assembly 30833a ( includes about 25 parts, like the generator coils, rectifier plate, Core and Plate group))

Blower Housing31780

starter motor 29965

troutbum

ok thank you very much thats a great help!

troutbum

@pfrederi

would you happen to have any of these parts or know where I can get them??