Sign in to follow this  
varosd

New to me 1988 520-H

varosd

My B-80 has a big brother! CL had a "80's WH with deck" no pictures and only 5 miles from my house, it turned out to be a 1988 520-H with 48 deck. some rust in the usual spots, up there in hrs at 800 but original owner with all the paper work, owners manual,sales recipt and all the maintenace records. even came with a little cart for $600. check out the PO's wifes "brake" pad!!!

will need to work on the lights and clean up, change fluids etc but now I have two!

5201.jpg

5202.jpg

5203.jpg

ben06351

Sweet score. Gotta love the 520's. :handgestures-thumbupright:

AMC RULES

A good deal...is an understatement. :shock:

• Like 1

jay in nc

whata deal good luck with it.

Pollack Pete

Looks good to me.Have fun with your new toy.Love the sound of those Onan twins.

Duff

In some parts of this country, that would called horse thievin'! :ychain:

Nice buy - looks like a great machine, and 800 hours on a 1988 machine really isn't all that "up there" - more like well broken in!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sparky

Boy you jumped right up the HP department eh? 8 to 20 :eusa-clap: ! Looks good.

Mike.......

wheelhorsec85

WHAT !!!!!! 600.00 :scared-eek: IM CALLING THE COPS :angry-tappingfoot: UNLESS YOU TELL THE TRUTH . you stole it didnt you ??? :scared-whoa:

Wheel Horse Kid

Looks Great and Awesome Buy!

Jake Kuhn

Thats a good deal! Jake

varosd

great elderly gentleman who was rather astonished about all the knowledge (hats off to RS) and interest in his "lawn mower" BTW on the sale recepit, He traded in a C-175 A and got a $2,000 trade in value when he bought the 520 for $5,000 in 1989...must have been a left over from "88. like I said a great 73 y o guy and in talking to him for quite awhile, we have a common interest..fly fishing for trout and now we are set up to go out to both our favorite spots on opening day! I know about all the horror stories about meeting sellers and never knowing if you might have a double barrel pointing at you but if, we keep looking, there are great folks out there (like at the big WF show..yes I am starting to count down the days!) :D

boovuc

Great deal! Maybe both of you can hit Yellow Breeches with some top water action later this summer! I never met an older man that couldn't teach me more on whipping a fly around!

Hope you guys have a good time on your early trout opener. I'll be on Big Fishing Creek in the "narrows" this weekend!

600 bucks! Wow!

can whlvr

nice haul,dont forget that if an engine has been well taken care of as your tractor probally was,800 isnt really that much,now if the engine oil wasnt changed(like the last horse i got)then 800 is alot,

Wheel-N-It

Yes, you did get a great deal. I am waiting for one like that myself :confusion-waiting: .............and waiting and waiting and waiting and ...............