Sign in to follow this  
ben06351

Made a slight mod to the 520HC...

ben06351

Saw this mod in a post here somewhere...

DSC00357.jpgpost-4558-0-86426400-1331749434_thumb.jp

DSC00359.jpg

rmaynard

Yup. That's a universal boot and a 2-point hitch for a Cyclone Rake. Did you make the hitch?

AMC RULES

:wicked: Cool :thingy:

Sparky

Which mod? The vented belt guard? The rear hitch thingy? Or the deck chute? :grin:

Great loookin machine!

Mike...........

ben06351

OOPS :hide: . Right all three are correct. I made the hitch last fall for the cyclone rake, it's my first bit of fabrication. The latest mod is the vented belt guard. Every bit helps keeping the big Onan 20 cool. Thanks I do try to keep her looking good, I use her in my busines, so I have to keep her clean. Well that's my excuse for washing and waxing a tractor. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Duff

Nice work, Ben!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

stevebo

Ben,

Do you know what year your HC is? my 520HC is a 1988 and has a non vented hood. I have not seen one with a vented hood before.

varosd

the vents look great! I thought that the HC hood didnt have the vents like Stevebo, with the eagle eyes, said! wonder why the commercial version would be different from the residential model? I could see ditching the chrome accents on the home model.

bowtiebutler956

Sweet! Nice lookin 520. :text-coolphotos::wicked:

Matt :flags-texas:

ben06351

Ben,

Do you know what year your HC is? my 520HC is a 1988 and has a non vented hood. I have not seen one with a vented hood before.

Stevebo It's an 1989, I haven't seen many other commercial models at all, are they uncommon,or have they all just been beat up??

Not sure of all the differences between the homeowner and commercial but I'm glad that I have this one. I believe that it's a bit heavier and faster than the 520 H, oh yea less chrome.

Thanks guys :)

stevebo

Here is my 88 520 without the vented hood. Did repaint a few years ago and put in new motor. Also added a 3 point hitch ...

33.jpg

coverrrshot.jpg

Wheel-N-It

You got a Cyclone Rake??? !

Man, I want one of those :pray:

Great mods! Really like the vented belt guard.

Van

ben06351

Wow Stevebo that looks great. How is the 3 pt. hitch, useful?

Thanks Van, just used a one inch hole saw on the drill press and rattle canned it.

BEN

Wheel-N-It

Wow Stevebo that looks great. How is the 3 pt. hitch, useful?

Thanks Van, just used a one inch hole saw on the drill press and rattle canned it.

BEN

I know about that rattle can business Ben. I've been rattle canning a 48inch mowing deck every evening after work this week :D

stevebo

Ben,

I make use of the 3 point hitch a lot. I currently have it on the 417-8 and have it pinned in the upright position with a weight bar and suitcase weights on it.

• Like 1

cumminscook

Ben did you make the 3 pt. hitch or does wh make that.

stevebo

Wheelhorse never offered a 3 point for the c,3,4 or 500 series. This one was designed and fabricated by a very good priend of mine.

• Like 1

ben06351

Ben did you make the 3 pt. hitch or does wh make that.

Mine isn't a three pt hitch Stevebo's is. But yes I made my hitch it's a 2pt hitch/drawbar thingy?

Wheelhorse never offered a 3 point for the c,3,4 or 500 series. This one was designed and fabricated by a very good priend of mine.

OH yea? are they for sale or are there drawings available??

stevebo

Ben,

We tried selling them but due to the lack of interest we are no longer selling them.

ben06351

Ben,

We tried selling them but due to the lack of interest we are no longer selling them.

Understandable. With the amount of time and energy that goes into fabrication work it's almost cost prohibitive.

stevebo

Bingo !! After a full day of work and the cost of materials we cannot turn a profit. I figure they would need to sell for around 500-600 to make sense to even do it. We were asking 375 to 400 and not selling them at that. It is a really nice set up too.

Martin

stevebo,

do you have any more pics of that 3 point hitch?

cumminscook

nice work here is one i just made up

smoreau

Bingo !! After a full day of work and the cost of materials we cannot turn a profit. I figure they would need to sell for around 500-600 to make sense to even do it. We were asking 375 to 400 and not selling them at that. It is a really nice set up too.

I would have to agree with you. That's why I have made some simple changes to my 2" hitch that I sell. The profit isn't great, but if I was selling them as a business with all other expenses they would need to be around $250-300 range to make a profit. Not what guys here would spend on a hitch. But at $100, its in there price range. They have died down as I expected, but we do make around $50 on each selling them at $100 each, and it goes toward the hobby :) so tha'ts why I do it :handgestures-thumbupright: