Sign in to follow this  
Tap53

Do not use relief fiters for hydro/tranny

Forest Road

Having a great dealer 1.5 miles from the house has spoiled me! OEM all the way. It also helps that hes got very reasonable prices.

JamesBe1

Having a great dealer 1.5 miles from the house has spoiled me! OEM all the way. It also helps that hes got very reasonable prices.

I'm in NNJ too Forest Road. Perhaps you are not too far away from me. Can you tell me what town the deal is in?

Thanx,

James

Martin

I'm in NNJ too Forest Road. Perhaps you are not too far away from me. Can you tell me what town the deal is in?

Thanx,

James

James, i think that if you can find a dealer who is reasonable with prices, then you can afford to pick and choose your oem stuff. im fortunate to have one that is competitive with toro pricing. i used to research and check online prices before ordering through him and he was always better priced than any online price i could find. so i stick with him.

i use redsquare to research anything im doing on the tractors, work out whether oem or aftermarket is the best way to go, from experience with the members here....( ie, the bearing scenario, it would be silly to buy oem, when the identical one is 1/4 the price) then shop accordingly. sometimes i dont even bother with the shopping around for things such as nyliner bushings, seat pan bumpers, pto linings etc etc. and just go the oem route. its just less hassle and you know the stuff is going to fit.............99.9% of the time... (maybe) :thumbs:

JamesBe1

Thanx,

James

James, i think that if you can find a dealer who is reasonable with prices, then you can afford to pick and choose your oem stuff. im fortunate to have one that is competitive with toro pricing. i used to research and check online prices before ordering through him and he was always better priced than any online price i could find. so i stick with him.

i use redsquare to research anything im doing on the tractors, work out whether oem or aftermarket is the best way to go, from experience with the members here....( ie, the bearing scenario, it would be silly to buy oem, when the identical one is 1/4 the price) then shop accordingly. sometimes i dont even bother with the shopping around for things such as nyliner bushings, seat pan bumpers, pto linings etc etc. and just go the oem route. its just less hassle and you know the stuff is going to fit.............99.9% of the time... (maybe) :thumbs:

Well said Martin. I agree with you right down the line. I wish the two dealers that are close to me were reasonable. But they cater to the younger crowds that buy disposable machines for the cheapest price. They are doing what they have to do to stay competitive and in business. The times they are a changin!

I just shopped around for an extra set of oil seals for my tiller (I found that I needed four instead of the two that I have on hand). I didn't even bother with toro. I researched it and found that they were C/R 14810, and did an internet search for the best price. Turns out that a place on ebay had them the cheapest, so I went with them.

• Like 1

SAM58

My two cent...

Check out the WIX filters, I use a WIX 51410 on my 96 520H for about 8.00 bucks, it does not have the check valve in it like the OEM Toro filter.

It is a Hyd. filter, they are really good filters too.