Sign in to follow this  
1maidenfan

Wheel horse sign (best kind) FFFRRREEEEEEEE :)

1maidenfan

Was at a Toro dealer today and saw this back in a corner with about a 1/4" of dirt on it, :confusion-confused: Asked the guy if he would sale it? :handgestures-fingerscrossed: To my surprise he said I could have it, FREE :happy-jumpeveryone: Jumped right on that :happy-partydance: Didn't get a pic with it covered in dirt but here is one of the

sign cleaned up. :happy-smileygiantred:

100_1860.jpg

Start of my collection. :techie-ebay:

• Like 4

Sparky

How lucky was that!! Awsome score!

Mike..........

• Like 1

varosd

great sign!

wheelhorsec85

WOW GOOD EYE SEEING IT COVERED IN DIRT . :scared-ghostface: GREAT FIND

Jake Kuhn

Wow that is nice! Can't argue with free! Jake

1maidenfan

WOW GOOD EYE SEEING IT COVERED IN DIRT . :scared-ghostface: GREAT FIND

Just happened to see something that looked like a horse head, put 2 and 2 together and had to investigate. To my surprise this is what I found. Corner is a little beat up but can't complain for FREEEE.

Thanks

ben06351

Sweet find. :)

AMC RULES

What's it made out of? :scratchead:

1maidenfan

What's it made out of? :scratchead:

The back of it seems to be a corgated material, the front is real smooth, like a plastic film or something, and I cleaned it with a cleaner called "spray 9" and did not affect the color? Not sure? :confusion-shrug:

AMC RULES

Just thinking maybe you could trim it down to remove the hole damage along the perimeter. :dunno:

Really nice score as is though, pretty tough to be FREE! :thumbs:

WH4ME

looks awesome,great find!

1maidenfan

Just thinking maybe you could trim it down to remove the hole damage along the perimeter. :dunno:

Really nice score as is though, pretty tough to be FREE! :thumbs:

Good point :handgestures-thumbup: I have a large paper cutter at work and will check into it. :text-thankyoublue:

gwgdog66

Sweet!! :grin:

speedyleedy

Great find john,&free even makes it that much better ! :ychain:

whfan74

Nice score there John! And you were complaining that I find all of the cool trinkets! :ychain:

64s

DON'T cut it!!!!!! Once you cut it, you can't ever bring it back. Instead, build/buy a frame to go around it and make it pop!!!

1maidenfan

DON'T cut it!!!!!! Once you cut it, you can't ever bring it back. Instead, build/buy a frame to go around it and make it pop!!!

Good point :techie-eureka:

1maidenfan

Nice score there John! And you were complaining that I find all of the cool trinkets! :ychain:

My 1 doesnt even come close to the shop FULL of cool :wh: items you and your dad have! But I have to start some where :handgestures-thumbup: :text-thankyouyellow:

tunahead72

NICE!! And congratulations on a great start to your collection!

I'm with George here, especially with this being your first sign, with a great story to go with it. A good part of the value of these things, whether you ever decide to sell it or not, is having them stay as original as possible, warts and all. Those holes tell you and everybody else something about how this sign would have been displayed, removing or altering them changes that part of the story.

Maybe your "new best friend" Toro dealer can tell you how he displayed it -- you ARE going back there for parts in the future, right? :handgestures-thumbup:

I'd be hanging it proudly, and carefully, in my shed, right above where I park my 310-8.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

1maidenfan

NICE!! And congratulations on a great start to your collection!

I'm with George here, especially with this being your first sign, with a great story to go with it. A good part of the value of these things, whether you ever decide to sell it or not, is having them stay as original as possible, warts and all. Those holes tell you and everybody else something about how this sign would have been displayed, removing or altering them changes that part of the story.

Maybe your "new best friend" Toro dealer can tell you how he displayed it -- you ARE going back there for parts in the future, right? :handgestures-thumbup:

I'd be hanging it proudly, and carefully, in my shed, right above where I park my 310-8.

Just my :twocents-02cents:

That's a good :twocents-02cents: worth. I do plan on just hanging it like it is. :banana-wrench: I will definately be going back for parts never know what else he might have buried under dirt and dust :techie-eureka: more treasures I hope :music-rockout:

Wheel-N-It

You beat the guys at American Pickers to it, Cool !!!

CasualObserver

Exactly my thought. I have an old masonite sign, I routed out the edge of some furring strips and mounted it flush to the wall. Frame protects the corners and gives you something to screw to the wall without putting another hole in the sign.

Duff

Great sign, and I'm with the others here - whatever you do, don't chop it up. The condition gives it character, and to some degree, value! Nice find! :woohoo:

Duff :thumbs:

1964Horse

Would sure love to have a sign like that for me and my pa's shop

bowtieguy

Hey...nice sign...looks alot like mine...it is now on permanent display at a secluded location in Missouri!!!