Sign in to follow this  
1maidenfan

Toy die cast C161 w/ cart on ebay

1maidenfan

Was surfing around ebay for wheel horse stuff (like every other day) and came across this die cast metal C 161 with cart. How cool is this!!!

Here is the item number if interested...110829415389

ol550

Been on there in the past. Closely resembles a Snapper

AMC RULES

Shhh...don't bid it up on me. :ROTF:

bowtiebutler956

Thats cool, but its already at $118 with almost 2 days to go. :scared-eek: Man these wheel horse toys bring the big bucks. :omg: I've seen real wheel horses go for less.

AMC RULES

Yeah, I was kidding...I want my :wh: toys to work for their keep. :teasing-poke:

1maidenfan

Ya me too, just thought it was cool looking , never seen one like that before. Very pricy too! :handgestures-thumbdown:

Sparky

Just a heads up guys, there is nothing Wheel Horse about that item except the decals stuck on it by the seller to get the WH guys excited and to make us part with our hard earned "horse money". Go ahead and buy it but it does not look like any Wheel Horse ever made.

Its a die-cast Snapper replica.

Mike.........

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Sounds like you've been there, done that Mike. :popcorn:

Sparky

Sounds like you've been there, done that Mike. :popcorn:

Nope, I've never fallen for this sellers trick. (And never will either)

Mike..........

Kelly

And the guy does not care he is doing it, putting cheap decals on the wrong tractor, he's been doing it for years on ebay, I've never bought one but I know people that have.

Jake Kuhn

Yeah have to agree,it does not resemble a c161 just some decals on there. Jake

Butch

I don't think it was manufactured that way. I'd say someone made the decals.

AMC RULES

...and is making a killing on 'em...I might add. :teasing-poke:

Hydro

...and is making a killing on 'em...I might add. :teasing-poke:

Attention: GlenJeri :eusa-think:

CasualObserver

Search his ebay history... you'll probably find where he purchased the snapper recently. He's been doing this for years. He buys a toy Snapper with cart (usually new in the box) for about $15-25. He puts some :wh: decals he made on it, and resells it as a Wheel Horse. It always sells, and I'd bet he always makes a profit. If the buyer is happy with the transaction...who cares? People re-label and repaint things all the time. Life's too short to get worked up about something as petty as this crap.

• Like 1

Hydro

Nobody's worked up about anything. Obviously there is a market for the W/H brand. Maybe GlenJeri might want to consider whether it would be worthwhile to create a product such as this. I'll bet there are people on this site who would buy Wheel Horse miniatures.

• Like 1

1maidenfan

I would buy them! :greetings-wavingblue: At a reasonable price of coarse. :happy-smileygiantred:

AMC RULES

:teasing-poke: Authentic or not, there's obviously a market for all things :wh: .

Dockfishin

Search his ebay history... you'll probably find where he purchased the snapper recently. He's been doing this for years. He buys a toy Snapper with cart (usually new in the box) for about $15-25. He puts some :wh: decals he made on it, and resells it as a Wheel Horse. It always sells, and I'd bet he always makes a profit. If the buyer is happy with the transaction...who cares? People re-label and repaint things all the time. Life's too short to get worked up about something as petty as this crap.

It's not petty in the least it's fraud pure and simple, even people here think it's real wheel horse memorabilia. Wonder how many of the buyers are happy when they realize it's worthless in reality. It would be different if he advertised it as such but he doesn't.

Ken B

Picture a member of your family gettin taken by this guy spending their hard earned cash thinking they are buying you a Vintage and Authentic Wheel Horse collectible for you as a gift. If that were the case I'd like it all the same (its the thought that counts) but I'd be rippin that this guy was dishonest with one of my family members. Its funny how with the other tractors he sells he claims that they are customs, but not this one. Sure he's makin a buck, a dishonest one at that. People may do this all the time, I've seen it in the car hobby as well. If you are not up front in what you have done then you are being dishonest. JMHO.

AMC RULES

Gotta do your homework, caveat emptor. :dunno:

sscotsman

Ok guys, Check this out, you need to paint them and put them together.

http://www.seltd.net...=category;v=2.0

That one is a real Wheel Horse! :)

that page says: "Reproduction kit of the tractor that first appeared in the MPC 1968 Indy winner."

that model originally came with this kit, that contained the car and the tractor:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=114411

Looks like someone is now offering just the tractor as a seperate model..

$25 is a bit pricy (IMO) and its quite small..

being 1/25 scale, its only 2.6 inches long..

but still, it is an actual model of a WH! :handgestures-thumbup:

(unlike the Snapper being discussed above)

Scot

Hydro

Gotta do your homework, caveat emptor. :dunno:

If I knew what that meant I would agree...I think :confusion-confused:

Trouty56

Sounds like latin Hydro.....google it!!