Sign in to follow this  
illinilefttackle

"JUST WHEN YOU ARE FEELING WEARY...............

illinilefttackle

Hi Guys- It never fails-when I'm feeling weary and down from the daily grind (Foster Care, etc) Something happens to brighten my day- I'm so proud of my son Alan Jr. right now I had to tell someone. You might remember. I told you he is the chief Design Engineer @ Rolls Royce in Indy. I showed you videos of the plane he had a significant part in designing-The F-35 Supersonic Stealth Fighter. He designed the dry clutch assembly that lets it transfer main engine power to a lift fan that allows it to take off & land vertically.

th_F-35BHover_March17_10_ppt.jpg

He has since subbmitted 7 or 8 publications for patents concerning this and other things concerning it. He just recieved his first "Offical Notification" and Plaque from the Government granting him a U.S. Patent.!

Brown-20120222-00038.jpg

He is Poo-Pooing it as nothing-but I told him -no way-I and the rest of the family could not be prouder! I just had to tell you guys-my extended family-Thanks for looking!-Al

• Like 1

nylyon

I agree with you, that IS a big deal, and very cool to boot!

JimD

I agree Al, it is a very big deal. You and he should be very proud. Congrats to your son, and his proud Father.

dclarke

Al, you Should be Proud of your son. Amazing work he is doing.

AMC RULES

Absolutely, congratulations to you both.

bowtiebutler956

That's awesome, and you are right to be proud of him!!

sorekiwi

Very cool, Al. :thumbs:

Jake Kuhn

Thats very cool! You must be proud. Jake

stevasaurus

Absolutely incredible Al. Congratulations to you and your son. :)

6wheeler

You must be very proud. I can tell you one thing though. He may be poo-pooing it on the outside, but on the inside he is applauding it. When I recieved notification of patent on the washout system we use on our ready mix trucks that a friend of mine and I invented,? I damn near jumped up and down.... He has the original prototype hanging in his garage. And, I have the second upgraded prototype hanging in mine. I even go online and look at the installation and operating videos we made from time to time. Ours is not near as exciting or technical as what your fine son made. But, I am sure just like me, he stands back and says(with a big grin) I Made That... Congratulations to you and him...