Sign in to follow this  
SPINJIM

Still a few bargains out there.

SPINJIM

I just got back from an auction in Parksburg, PA where a WH 520H with 750 hours sold for $500. I was very tempted to bid, but I just have too many project tractors, and no space for even one more. The Onan 20hp sounded good, and started easily. The body sheet metal was in great shape with almost no rust. The deck, however, was shot full of rust. The hydraulic pump had a minor leak, and the kill switch on the neutral lever needed adjustment. You can see pictures of it on AuctionZip for 2/21 at Griest's Auction (zip 19365). After it sold, the buyer came to me and asked if it was a good deal. I told him that I thought it would go for $700-800. Now that I'm talking about it, I wish I had bought it. If it had been an 8-speed, I think I would have had my hand up.

BOWTIE

HELLO JIM, I BOUGHT A FEW AT A AUCTIONS. 9-27-11 I BOUGHT A 1990 416H 1400hrs FOR $225 IT RAN GOOD NO SMOKE WITH 48" DECK ROUGH. 1995 416-8 400hrs WITH 48" DECK FOR $650 AND ITS NICE TRACTOR. AT A MOVING SALE A BOUGHT A 1988 520H WITH METAL FATIGUED 48" DECK,48" PLOW,50" GRADER AND SPARE AG TIRES AND WHEELS FOR $650 IN GOOD SHAPE. YES THERE ARE SOME GOOD DEALS OUT THERE.

BOWTIE