Sign in to follow this  
312 Owner

312A Help/Advice

312 Owner

I posted about the 312A I bought on CL a few weeks ago and rec'd quite a bit of help so will post again. It's a 1987 so it has the Eaton 7 Hydro (supposed to be new with 5 hrs. Are new ones still available?) and the Kohler 12 Ho Magnum engine. Finally got her to run after a $102 fuel pump so now my cost is $550. So far so good.

I'm ready to take the deck (42" side discharge) off and go through it. I've never owned a WH so am looking for any tips and advice on what to look for and any slick ways to detach and attach the deck. I've been looking for an owners manual but no luck so far. The Toro site has one for the Hydro to down load but not for the tractor. any ideas?

Also, the belts are showing wear... any direction as to where to buy belts (for reasonable prices?) HA!

Thanks... 312 Owner

ThreeHorses

Go to the files tab.

There is a 300-400 Deck owners & operators manual you can view and/or download.

Rollerman

"A $102 bucks" for a fuel pump?

I'm a firm believer in useing an OEM belt...atleast the drive belt on the tractor.

Belts, a gates cross referance chart, even a fuel pump rebuild kit can be found in the links section here.

Red Squares pinned links

Parts breakdown for the 312A

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?adv=yes&xCaller=Toro

dobeleo

I have the manual for the 312-A. (PDF file). send me your email address and I will send it to you.

Dan

Shorewood, Illinois

dobeleo

I figured out how to up-load the manual here!

Dan

Shorewood, Illinois

can whlvr

good luck on your 312,you will like it,i was thinking the same as stephen,that seems like alot for a fuel pump,was it a new old stock kohler,or an aftermarket

312 Owner

The fuel pump was from my local Toro dealer. Guess I'd better learn to check here before I order parts.

kpinnc

The fuel pump was from my local Toro dealer. Guess I'd better learn to check here before I order parts.

They run about $30 at NAPA...

Most of us have made the same mistake a few times!

boovuc

To answer your question on the Eaton 7.........they are still available new and new old stock so it's possible it was replaced as a new unit. More than likely the pump was replaced new.

Going forward, always, always come here and post your questions or concerns.

i've had good luck with NAPA's belts but as was stated, for a drive belt, don't go cheap! OEM period.

Good luck with your 312-A!