Sign in to follow this  
fordnut

what is my restored 1257 worth?

fordnut

hi my fellow wheel horse nuts! I am wondering what the value of my restored 1257 it has the original k301 and has had a carb rebuild and has a new head gasket as well as a new muffler(stack) and the kohler does not smoke I also have a 36" snow thrower for it with a new belt and it has new bearings and I have replaced 1 front tire/rim and I also have a set of turf tires that are 23x10.50-12's for it also what do you think it is worth? here are some photos i am selling the tractor so I can get my first truck.

IMG_1869.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

Edited by TT
clickless pics

can whlvr

its a tough question you ask,all of my tractors are worth more to me than i could sell them for,and when you redo them your time invested is really hard to recoupe,and i cant pull up your pics to see it,are you asking for insurance or to sell or just wondering

73-18 automatic

I got a 416-8 from a friend of mine and before we worked it out he asked me what it was worth and without being rude I said whatever someone will give you for it. but yes it is a tough question because it is worth more to you because you have put time and money in it so with that being said if someone offers you a price and you think it's fair then it works out

TT

I just found your Craigslist ad......

Even if you cut your current asking price in half, you'll still be hard-pressed to find a buyer.

I'd be amazed if you could get $400 or $500 out of it.

dennist

I had a 1277 restored pretty well and as stated above, I bought it for 400 and thought I would make some quick coin-WRONG. I had to sell it for 400 just to get rid of it. I do live in Maine, but come on. I had a 1077 with a sickle bar that was functional, but not restored and all I got for that was 350. Good luck, and it will probably be best to keep for what you will get out of it. Just my .02

AMC RULES

No disrespect intended, but it's probably worth more in parts than is the whole tractor. :eusa-think:

After investing your energy, time, and money into it, why get rid of it. :scratchead:

That's a gorgeous resto. :icecream:

Wheel Horse Kid

Very nice looking tractor and great restoration. I would think that your 1257's value would be in the area of $300-$500. Again, great looking restoration!!

Wheel Horse Kid

I just remembered that I sold a 1257 last summer. It had a broken rod and maybe some other minor motor problems. The tractor, however, did need a restoration. I sold a tiller and a deck with it that both also needed to be restored. I got $275 for the whole package on Ebay. Hope this helps! Taylor

Ken B

Throw it On Ebay with what you think you want out of it as your reserve. It doesn't really help that there hasn't been any snow this winter. Here in CT. the prices are getting pretty high. If it were on C/L in CT. I wouldn't be surprised one bit at a 700.00 asking price. I won't tell you to keep it, I don't hold onto or get attached to anything myself but you have to draw the line somewhere, I'd never let it go for 300.00.

546cowboy

It's a really tough question to ask about any Horse you've spent time restoring. You just have to say to yourself "I just may have to bite the bullet and take what I can get" or decide that it will stay. It's really harder to decide on the older smaller tractors because most people are looking for the bigger stuff to use.

:confusion-scratchheadblue: