Sign in to follow this  
Iggy68

Road Trip Tomorrow

Iggy68

I made a phone call today on a tractor on CL. The seller didn't have the model listed, asked him if he new what is was. He replies "No and I am actually selling it for a neighbor of mine who is 84 years old" He goes on to tell me that gentlmean was a wheel horse dealer and this is a tractor from his personal collection. He is selling them off so his daughter does not have to worry about it when he passes. I ask "them"? He says yes he has multiple tractors he needs to sell. Hmm! I will be there tomorrow afternoon. Never know what will be there.

smoreau

Looks like you might have found a gold mine! Better get some extra $$$ before you go!

Jake Kuhn

Sounds like you have found a good place to go! Looking forward to pictures of what you bring back,Jake

Shuboxlover

AFTERNOON?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Better make it morning......EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMC RULES

Take some picts please? :scratchead:

whc160

Take a big trailer & lots of money. Sure he will have some nice tractors & maybe more.

WHEEL HORSE BILL

Can I come with you I'll bring the chips and beer for the road. :happy-jumpeveryone:

WH4ME

Sounds like heaven on earth,don't forget to take the checkbook for when you run out of cash. :)

Iggy68

Well road trip was a bust! He had a B80. Wasn't in bad shape, engine had a pretty serious valve tick, obvious fresh oil leak, deck lift was screwed up. He wanted 600, I offered him 500. Wouldn't budge. He also had a raider 14 that was in nice shape. 1200 was a little much for me. Only other thing he had was mower decks.

Irv

What are some people thinking? That's ridiculous prices and I wouldn't have offered that much for the B80 the way you described it. Keep looking, the good deals are around, you just have to bide your time.

AMC RULES

In that original phone conversation, could you have misunderstood the guy? :scratchead:

Maybe he was actually saying, his dealer just left his house? :dunno:

Sparky

I think you still over-offered on a B-80 with the issues you described. He'll have those tractors for sale for along time with those prices and eventually he'll regret not takin your $500 offer.

Mike...........

Iggy68

I went with little to no expectations. I was hoping that I might have found an old dealer that had a garage full of parts like I know some of you have found. Good news one of my buddies went along it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Ken B

Don't it stink coming home empty handed? In some cases you are better off.