Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Snow Plowing question.

Butch

I've never plowed before. I have my plow attached to my WH. I am using the solid bar for the lift mechanism? Is this bad? Should I be using the chain instead? I have a hydraulic lift C-175. If I go in a small valley and hit the asphalt with the plow am I gonna do damage to anything like the hydraulics from trying to raise the blade up?

Does the chain go in the same hole that the solid bar goes in?

Thanks

can whlvr

personally i would leave as is

rmaynard

I have always used a chain. I'd rather have just the plow move with each little bump than to have the shock transferred to the lift mechanism. Mine is a manual lift.

Ken B

I'm with Bob.

truckin88

I use to own your 175. And it is a beast plowing. I like the solid lift bar on manual lift machines, I can let it float at the height adjustment or the lift adjustment. On a hydro, I think I'd rather a chain, as there are more parts to be concerned with.

--

Just a note, since that machine is an early KT17 w/ a teardrop air cleaner and not a round one w/ hot and cold settings, the flywheel will draw snow into the carb and ice the carb. I plowed with that machine and the way I fixed it was using some HEET in the fuel, never had an issue after that.

Sparky

All three of my plows are hanging by chain. They weigh enough for snow removal. The solid lift link might be better for dirt pushing.

Mike.........

IthacaJeff

I have a solid link and toyed a while with a different plow with a chain. Vastly prefer

the solid link. Much more versatile, more control. I have a manual lift and sometimes

the lift lever does get jerked around. I might not choose to use the solid link with a

hydraulic lift.

Jeff

can whlvr

it doesnt seem to hurt the tractor too much or i wouldnt do it,i like it because when the snow builds up on warmer days if i want to clear the deep stuff i have hydro,but i do admit that i also have one with the manual,but it has the solid also