Sign in to follow this  
wheelhorsekid

Mechanic Needed for my C160

wheelhorsekid

Is anyone close to Hudson Valley, NY who can work on my C160? I'm not handy at all but I know it needs some TLC. It's automatic and when in reverse it goes VERY slow and if you pull on the handle a little it will speed up. And forward is not full speed I believe either.

I may want to rebuild the motor at some point too and do a dual wheel kit.

Thanks!

nylyon

Where specifically are you in HV? There are several very handy individuals in the area, how local depends on where you are.

wheelhorsekid

Poughkeepsie, NY. I will travel some. Thanks for any help.

can whlvr

it sounds like another plastic plate (cam part # 5996) or the steel ball that slides in the cam plate are worn or out of whack,if your lucky anyway ite the plastic plate(cam) they are about 12 bucks from toro

Forest Road

I'm about an hour away. My sister lives in LaGrangeville. I'm up there often. We might be able to make something work. You should start by tightening the bolt on top of the hydro motor. Its a common problem and an easy fix.

can whlvr

he has a sundstrand,which doesnt have the nut on top,at least mine doesnt,it has the cam,ball that pivots,cam follower,also check the shaft that holds the pivot mecanism,if you go to parts tree (www.partstree.com) and go into toro,go to mowers and lawn and garden tractors,scroll down and find your tractor and you can see how its put together,the cam and that stuff is in the hydostatic transmission area and speed control

wheelhorsekid

@ Forest Road... Let me know if your going to be in the area or if It would be easier for me to drop it off to you. I want that checked out and hydrolic fluid is leaking. I also want to install a dul wheel kit.

Forest Road

pm sent