Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

*&#&@^! throttle cable

nylyon

Snow and the %@$&*#! throttle cable &^#(!&*# broke. @*!& IT!

Kelly

Mine was froze and would not move this morning on the 520, I figrued if I tried too hard I would break it, I used a hair drier to thaw it, but after letting it set for a hour it will not move again, it's coming off tomorrow.

nylyon

I needed the exercise anyway, that extra 20 from Thanksgiving has to come off!

rmaynard

Snow and the %@$&*#! throttle cable &^#(!&*# broke. @*!& IT!

Hey, this is a family forum. :naughty:

My B-100 has been sitting outside the garage this winter, but covered. The temperature was 24 this morning with an inch of ice covered snow. As usual, she started right up, and no cable problems. That's because I pulled the cable a couple of years ago and coated the wire with anti-seize. However, I did start to send up smoke signals after two times out the drive and back. That's when I remembered to release the parking brake. :banghead:

Should have had that extra :coffee: before I got started.

JoeMonag

I hate when taht happens. Had a cable freeze up on my 26" two stage walk behind, for the chute deflector. Put it in my (insulated) shed with a 500 watt quartz lamp near it, for an hour or so and got it freed up. Joe in Norton

TT

I believe I would have zip-tied the throttle open before I would have shoveled that much. :ychain:

Which tractor, Coach?

A trick that works on the "braided" cables that might also help these is to soak them in ethylene glycol. :handgestures-thumbup:

nylyon

It's the 414, I should have taken the 416 with the blower on it out of the shed. I need to lose some weight anyway so I shoveled the entire 250' of driveway.

speedyleedy

Mine work great this morning on my 857 as i was plowing about 6" to 8" of snow ! :woohoo: :ychain:

SALTYWRIGHT

I PUT A LENGTH OF PLASTIC HOSE OVER THE CABLE AND BUT SOME OIL IN THE HOSE. IT WILL ALWAYS WORK WHEN IT IS VERY COLD. RUSS

TT

It's the 414.

That figures..... I have three or four new throttle "assemblies" for your 416. :disgust:

can whlvr

i hear your pain karl,my 414,s freeze up when i use the snow blower on them,its a bad design to have the cables facing up and snow melting on them from the blower and the heat of the engine melting the snow

MaineDad

Been there and done that! PIA!!!!!

nylyon

I should have taken the 416 out to play, would have made my day far more enjoyable too.