Sign in to follow this  
CTPATRIOT

Seat value?

CTPATRIOT

I've had this seat sitting in a bag around my house for a while(yes inside!).Not sure if i'll use it?It's used,but has no rips/cracks...It's dusty but should clean up nice.The pan and bolt holes are nice also.Any idea what it's worth?

post-3909-0-34092600-1327151590.jpg

post-3909-0-40755500-1327151622.jpg

smoreau

$75-$100 would be my guess. Some one here would want it for sure, put it in the classifieds.

KC9KAS

$30 .....who do I send the check to! Just kidding, nice seat. I just paid $40 for an aftermarket NON-WH seat and I will have to make an adapter plate to get it bolted to my tractor.

Sparky

Seat values are funny. You need to find someone doing a correct restoration who absolutely needs a seat with the horse head on it to complete their restore. I have a nearly perfect original two piece seat that I hope to sell to someone doing that type of restoration.

Mike..........

pfrederi

I bought a used seat that looked perfect. It had been in storage for some time. After about 2 weeks of use it started to crack and then they spread quickly. Problem is the plastic in these old seats dries out. If you need it for a restoration on something you won't be using it would be nice. If you want one to use buy a new seat from Northern tool or someplace else.

gregg'shorses

Try a little Mother's or Maguire's vinyl cleaner / conditioner on it. a couple of times and it will soft it up, and give it a bit of a sheen.

fireman

I sold the same seat off my c-81 that was perfect for $150 on Ebay a little over a year ago!

546cowboy

Way to go guys! Now you've raised the prices on seats :eek: :no:

sorekiwi

Sometime when you are bored do a search for JD Patio seats. It will open your eyes to what some collectors will pay for an item.

MaineDad

Way to go guys! Now you've raised the prices on seats :eek::no:

Too funny!

wheelhorse656

I have the same seat as well but mine has a very tiny crack but other than that its really nice!!

Butch

One just sold on Ebay for around $115.

Kelly

That style low back runs in the $100-150 range, high backs bring about $50 more, some of the older seats bring big money the early 70's 2 piece seat with arm rest go around $300 but have to be nice, the 60's seats with the logos run in the $200-300 range, I have a few of all of them I've been setting on, HAHA, they are getting hard to find in nice shape, I think the hardest to find is the 69 fiberglass pan seat, or the orig. 867 seat also a fiberglass pan seat, both look very close to each other and have a logo on them.

can whlvr

not to rain on your parade but those seats seem to have more rigid plastic that rips when it gets old due to hardning of the plastic,i would find a really good product torub into it to soften it up

CTPATRIOT

This seat isn't very old.I'd say the "90's,the material is fairly flexible as far as this style seat goes.