Sign in to follow this  
Will G

Tire chain question

Will G

Have to get some chains on the C-111 and have a question. I have 23 x 8.50-12 cleat tires on it, will chains for turf tires of the same size work?

Sparky

By cleat tires do you mean ag's? If so the 23x8.50 chains will fit but you may find that they slip into the spaces between the treads. I ran ag's one winter thinking they would be the best thing since sliced bread in the snow.....HUGE disappointment! I would run turfs with weights and chains for maximum traction.

Mike..........

Will G

By cleat tires do you mean ag's? If so the 23x8.50 chains will fit but you may find that they slip into the spaces between the treads. I ran ag's one winter thinking they would be the best thing since sliced bread in the snow.....HUGE disappointment! I would run turfs with weights and chains for maximum traction.

Mike..........

yes they are ag tires. I have 50 lbs of weight on each tire.

nylyon

I take the AG's off and put on a pair of turf's with chains, the AG's don't do much on ice and the chains really don't fit the AG's well at all.

Jim_M

I run ags with 2 link chains and have never had a problem. 4 link chains will slip between the lugs, 2 link chains won't.

stevebo

I am sure I have a set I would sell (chains) if you need them.

Will G

I run ags with 2 link chains and have never had a problem. 4 link chains will

slip between the lugs, 2 link chains won't.

I have 2 link chains however they are way too short, only going about 3/4 of the way around the tire. Was going to see if my dad had chains to make them longer, however I looked thru all of his chains and none match the chains I have.

I am sure I have a set I would sell (chains) if you need them.

I may take you up on that.

stevebo

let me know-

Will G

Was able to get a set made up and put on, does really good in the snow we are getting now.

Ken B

Any video Will? Too much snow for me to go to the outboard meet today. I take it you stayed home as well?

Will G

Any video Will? Too much snow for me to go to the outboard meet today. I take it you stayed home as well?

No video but I will try to get some tomorrow, yes I stayed home as well.