Sign in to follow this  
C.M.C-175

Hydraulic Lift Issue

C.M.C-175

Last week I was out plowing our drive, then decided to go do the neighbors drive as well. It had been awhile since I had run my C-175, so I figured it was a little extra seat time! :D Anyway, I was just about finished when I noticed that when my plow blade was lifted, it would slowly drop on its own. This is the first time that it had done this, and it was intermittent at best. Has anyone else had this issue? I figured that it either has to be a seal in the lift valve or the lift cylinder itself, because its not leaking anywhere. Am I way off on this, and has anyone ever rebuilt either of these?

pfrederi

Your diagnosis is pretty sound. There is a WH manual that covers overhaul of both cylinder and valve. My problem was that the rebuild kit from Toro for just the cylinder was over $50, and all you got was 4-5 O-rings and a shaft seal. At that price you would be better off taking it to a hydro repair shop.

In just redid the cylinder on an electro 12 i am working on. took it apart and found O rings to fit. Haven't put the tractor all back together yet to test but I am only into it for $2 worth of rings.

WheelHorseSteve

Eldon from Classic Kitchens & More has the o-ring kits for a very reasonable price... both the lift cylinder and valve gaskets/o-rings. Check him out:

http://www.classickitchensandmore.com/wheel-horse-tractors-parts-c-42.html

C.M.C-175

I like the prices on that website a whole lot better than Toro's price! Thanks gent's for the info!