Sign in to follow this  
CTPATRIOT

"93 520H value?

CTPATRIOT

Not sure if i'm going to keep it or not???I like the Onan's,but really LOVE the Kohler singles!I was thinking of getting a WH with a 14/16 or a Power King if i sell the 520.Besides the back fender being pushed in a bit,the rest of the tractor is super straight.Nice dash,steering wheel.Seat has rips.The hour meter reads 168(not sure if it works?).Runs and drives pretty good,i'm sure a tune up wouldn't hurt.Tires are new but fronts have dry cracks.I sold the tire chains and may keep the weights?With crazy prices all over the place,just wondering what you guys thought?

post-3909-0-62549300-1326993442.jpg

post-3909-0-05097000-1326993474.jpg

Jeremy Watson

Price is a tricky thing in my opinion, there's what it worth to you...then there's what its worth to buyers. I have the same tractor that you have with 440hr in a little better shape than yours, and its worth around a $1000 to me. I've seen them listed for more but there still listed. Good luck with your decision.

Jeremy

CTPATRIOT

What to do...???Guess i'll just have to think about and see what happens.I sure like the steering and front axle!

stevebo

It had a 2 stage on it before. The guard on the right side is still mounted on the tractor.

CTPATRIOT

I have the 2 stage blower.It needs some work but has little use.

Ken B

If it were mine I'd pull the fender up as best as you can, then I'd take the buffer to it with some compound and then wax it. It looks like the tractor has no rust and it looks like the paint will come back no problem. While yer at it hit the front caps with some S.O.S. pads and clean them up. Wheel Horse prices in our area are up as you know. Most of the tractors I see are on the ratty side. I really don't think the overpriced tractors we are seeing lately are selling myself. Yours would stand out from them easily with some detailing. I'd think by doing that 1000 bucks would be reasonable. Imagine what that cost new.

CTPATRIOT

I hear ya Ken.It has some rust,but not too bad.I may tinker with it some,or trade it for a big single???Are loaders for a 520 hard to come by?

AMC RULES

I think you'll find the loader is worth more than the tractor, when you do finally find one.

6wheeler

I traded my c-120 for the 520 I currently have. IMO it was the best thing I ever did. The 120 was a good tractor in excellent shape. But, the 520 does the job faster and easier than the 120 did. And with the steering it has, well that is just self explanitory. But if the onan craps out, I will shoehorn something different in its place. As far as fel's go, there was one on CL up here and the guy was asking $1500 for it.

nylyon

Ok, for a limited time.... I'm willing to trade you my 414-8 for the 520. A nice Kohler Magnum 14 with the reliable 8-Pinion 8-Speed Uni-drive. I'll even deliver and pick up.

Sparky

Ok, for a limited time.... I'm willing to trade you my 414-8 for the 520. A nice Kohler Magnum 14 with the reliable 8-Pinion 8-Speed Uni-drive. I'll even deliver and pick up.

There you go Shawn! A bigger horse-power, single cylinder Kohler....just what you said wanted.

Mike...........

AMC RULES

:techie-error:

CTPATRIOT

I'd rather have a 16.....but would consider others.Just not sure what i'm gonna do yet.

baerpath

I'd dump the onan and put a 16hp Kohler on, would be an upgrade in my eye's. Real easy to do also

Duane

Hydro

What to do...???Guess i'll just have to think about and see what happens.I sure like the steering and front axle!

You have plenty of choices. :scratchead: (1)You could sell the Onan engine and keep the 520 Chassis. (2) You could part out the entire 520 but really the Onan and the front axle and gear reduction steering would likely create the biggest interest. Keep the rear tires and wheels. Then you have the 2 stage blower... to sell ? The engine and the blower should get you enough money to buy something decent depending on what your goals are. (3) You could keep only the 520 axle and steering, sell everything else and then buy whatever with a 16 Kohler and probably mount the 520 front end, steering and wheels.

Know what you want your tractor to do for you and go from there. Remember you can have more than one tractor in your lifetime! :dance: