Sign in to follow this  
CTPATRIOT

Raider 12?

CTPATRIOT

What years were they made?Short/long frame?

can whlvr

1968-1974,pretty sure they were long frame but i could be wrong,buy thats the years in all things wheelhorse

CTPATRIOT

Serial number is 611910 if anybody could give me the year.

Sparky

The Raider is a long frame machine. Was there a model number along with that serial number off the tag?

Mike..........

CTPATRIOT

I'll have to ask the kid about a model number Mike.I believe it has a bad electronic ignition.Not sure what yrs. had that.

gwest_ca

Serial number is 611910 if anybody could give me the year.

It may be a 1969 model 1-6241 comparing serial numbers and they had breakerless ignition.

Garry

Sparky

If that ignition is shot you may have to convert it over to the points, condenser type we are all familiar with. I think those breakerless ignition parts are NLA.

You should take that into consideration if your making an offer on it.

Mike..........

racinfool40

Noy to sure on the serial #'s Like Garry is. But if it's a Tecky Powered raider and the solid state Ignition is fried, They are getting hard to find and are quite pricey if you do find one!!!Might be another point to consider if your looking at buying..

CTPATRIOT

The engine is a Kohler,did Raider's come with Tech's also?

Kelly

In the late 60's the raiders or all WH's with Kohlers came with Electronic ign. it is harder to find than the tucky solid state ign. and to change it you will need a few parts, bearing plate, flywheel, coil, points ect..... and yes some Raiders had tuckys in them, not sure about the raider 12 but the raider 9, and 10 where tucky powered.

can whlvr

it appears all 12,s were kohler

racinfool40

The 1970 Raider 12 M# 1-6253 is a Tecky Powered machine HH-120...I have one sitting in my Garage that I changed over to a Kohler 12 hp..Was the 1st WH I ever owned that was handed down to me..Mowed alot of grass with it when I was a kid..The tecky Finally gave out 4 years ago and after checking on prices for a rebuild I switched....Great Machine!!

SAM58

I had a 1972 Model, K301 12 HP with points & condenser. Rectifier mounted on the steering tower.

can whlvr

oohps,sorry missed that one on the chart :hide:

Irv

I have a 12 hp Kohler (off a 69 electro) that I put in a C-125 and it has the breakerless ign. It had a bad "trigger switch" but I was lucky to get one that just happened up on ebay for $35 at the time. I haven't seen one for sale for a long time or the coil for that ign. and if you have to have new they are well over $100 each if you can find one.