Sign in to follow this  
Biologrady

Questions about tires on c-100

Biologrady

My mother, in her seventies now, just loves this machine and wants new tires (rear) for it for her birthday! I have a local guy that loves any excuse to work on this tractor, but I'm wondering if there is an Internet source for tires and if so is it something I could reasonably do myself? I am out of state, and can't actually look at the tractor at the moment to get an idea of what's involved.

I know you are largely a group of rabid enthusiasts and restorers, so take it easy on my ignorance, I have hopes of becoming a lot more knowlegable when I can retire and spend quality time in the shed!

Sparky

Any 23x8.50x12 or 23x9.50x12 will fit the rims you have. I bought a small manual tire changer from Harbor Freight years ago and it has worked well. I bet I have swapped out over 100 front and rear tires. Rears are generally easier than fronts.

I don't have a preferred internet provider but I'm sure someone here will chime in with theirs.

Mike.......

Kelly

Some of the C-100 tractors that have passed through my hands have had 22x7.5x12 tires you can put the larger 23x8.5 or 23x9.5 tires on the stock rims I would recomend the 23x8.5x12

changing them is not hard a tire changer is not needed but helps, if you never changed tires and don't plan to do it ever do it much, I would take them to a local shop to have them changed well worth the few bucks.

for buying tires shop ebay, or Miller tire, there are other places, also, I also recomend a brand name tire they cost a bit more but are nicer for the most part carlisle, goodyear, firestone, are good, for cheaper tires I've had good luck with Duro, but they run small in size.

Pollack Pete

Hey,gotta love your Mom.Anyone who loves a Wheel Horse is A-OK in my book.

tunahead72

:WRS: What part of Pennsylvania are you from?

I can't add much to what's already been said, except that there's a thread pinned to the top of this forum called "Wheel Horse Links":

There's several tire suppliers listed there, and some of the online parts suppliers carry tires as well. Also Tractor Supply, in case you have one near you.

Have fun, and hang on to your mom, she sounds like a keeper! :handgestures-thumbup:

RCTruckDaddy

Try www.greaterclevelandtire.com. I've bought several sets there and they are very reasonable.

can whlvr

:WRS: its not too hard to change like has been said,i have a large c clamp to break the bead,and a couple of tire irons,,but if you dont have access to the tools do like kelly said and have a shop do it