Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

First snow video of the season.

stevasaurus

This is not that great...sorry...goes until the snow blew all over the camera...but it is the first time for me with the STR-324 on the 857 and it is at night...she worked real good. If we get another snow this seson I will do a better job with the camera. Enjoy... :) Just click on the video...not long.

th_2011_0115test10001.jpg

AMC RULES

Now you just gotta find a cab to keep the camera dry, and you'll be all set Steve. :scratchead:

dclarke

Good to see your blower going after a long rest Steve. I bet your Dad is smiling. :thumbs:

JimD

It looks like it's doing a nice job Steve. :dance:

can whlvr

it sure beats shovelling,looks good

varosd

great video! especially the end with a mouthfull of the white stuff!! Rock and Rye rock! Alas, here in South Central PA only cold and windy.....

Hydro

...yeah we haven't seen that much yet. Still hoping. Tractor sounds good!

racinfool40

Lookin Good Steve!! Glad to see ya out and moving around!!! I hope you were wearing socks this time!!! :ychain:

Sparky

You held that camera surprisingly still for being on a moving tractor Steve. I tried to make one with my camera phone a couple years back and its so shaky you need sea-sickness pills to watch it.

Mike........

zieg72

Yep moved some of that white stuff myself when I got home from work. Nice plowing with the 520H again...

squonk

I noticed there were NO LADDERS IN SIGHT in the video! :jaw: How wet was the snow? Here we got 5 " of wet slop. The same as last year. All Goo! I just picked up a beater GT1100 that came with a good blower. I really wanted to try it out. No chains or weights on it. Had to dig a path just so the tracter would move. I pushed all the snow and gravel :bitch: in my driveway into a pile with my C-160 and then eased the GT and blower into it to see what it could do. Blower worked good. Still need idler pullies and a new belt but I'm not sure if I'm keeping the blower yet. Got the Power King out to finish moving the piles and some how the Hyd belt for the Loader loosened up :confusion-scratchheadblue: and ran out of power. The 704 and back blade worked perfect for clearing out the doorways! :)

Ken B

Nice video Steve and it looks like you have a very nice setup there. I have to tell you, it is now reeeaalll cold here but it looks even colder where you are! Stay warm out there.

Jake Kuhn

Looks like it had no trouble at all Steve,wish my 401 plowed snow as easy as your 857 blows snow,Jake

smoreau

Looks and sounds good Steve!! We got about 3" today and tried out the v blade today :sad: I bent the hinge all to :angry-soapbox: :angry-soapbox: :banghead: I new I should have made it with thicker steel :bitch: Must be the Friday the 13th thing :orcs-censored: Any how I did get to try the 520 with the single stage and it impressed me a lot!! :music-rockout: That is one bad :orcs-censored: blower set up, and I like it! So it's not all bad. I will think about fixing the v blade after the hitches are done. Going to bring home the other 417 from mom and dads with the 48" strait blade and take back dads c81 with the 42" blade. Always nice to have a back up. :)

Operator

I guess I have a surprise for me on my next trip down your way Steve, weds. in Chicago I had 54 degrees! Up here we have a hair over 1/8".

Lane Ranger

Steve: Great job ! Video tells all. Those lights are great also. You can see well ahead of you.

Nice job! Have you tried any Snow Jet or other coating on the blower chute or auger? I use this Snow Jet and it helps keep the snow moving well -out of the blower.

http://www.snowblowersdirect.com/Ariens-2983500/p824.html

GerryW

Looking good Steve! Was the snow really wet? That blower should pitch that stuff a good 20ft.! LOVE them bug eyes!!

shallowwatersailor

I'm missing the Chicago winter! And jealous! :occasion-snowman:

tunahead72

Yo, Steve, good to see you back in the saddle again! :handgestures-thumbup:

It's a shame you don't have any fun with these old tractors... :)

JC 1965

wow!! tractor sounds great. Are those led lights on your tractor? If so what brand and wattage? they look good and are doing a good job. I need to put a set on my C-81 but don't really know which ones i should purchase. Anyway thanks for sharing the video. :thumbs2:

Paul D.

Looks like you were having a good time Steve. i finally got to have some fun too. We ended up with about 8" and I even took the wife out this afternoon taught her how to use the thrower she was a little intimidated but once she got the hang of it she was all about it :greetings-clappingyellow: In one of my hunting coats to boot.

image-5.jpg