Sign in to follow this  
Hydro

Vredestein Tires

Hydro

I have had several emails from R/S members who have asked me about my front tires. For what I am using them for they are great. As most know, the 44" 2 stage is very heavy outfront. I have these tires inflated to 25 psi and the tractor steers easily. They also help it to track and if it starts to slip I just raise the blower a hair and it recovers right away.

I have only used turf tires before and this is my first experience with Vredesteins. They were purchased used but in new condition.

post-5559-0-85540900-1325878518_thumb.jp

Sparky

Can we get a closeup pic? its hard to see what the tread pattern is in that pic.

Mike........

shallowwatersailor

Here is the link to the Vredestein info page. Click on the "Features" and "Sizes" for details. They fit both 6" and 8" rims.

http://www.vredestei...sionID=97394526

AMC RULES

Hey those are nice Gary, and thanks for sharing the link John. :thanks:

CTPATRIOT

Awesome tires,i've had them with Tru Powers on the rear.Great combo!

Sparky

Here is the link to the Vredestein info page. Click on the "Features" and "Sizes" for details. They fit both 6" and 8" rims.

http://www.vredestei...sionID=97394526

Thanks for the link!

Mike.......

Hydro

Forest Road formerly known as Cole's Dad gave me an idea before I bought these tires of using #40 chain running around the outside of the tire to make steering easier. I thought that was a super idea but it's not necessary with this tread pattern. It could be easily done though and each length would stay inside the rib where it was placed.

Here is the real McKoy

post-5559-0-90316700-1325889155_thumb.jp

sorekiwi

I've only had front tri-ribs from Vredestein but I agree they are a nice tire.

Here is the baby tri-rib on the Lawn Ranger:

IMG_2722.jpg

And here are the 8" version

IMG_3087.jpg

Trouty56

I have those 5 ribs on the front of my D-180. Makes steering that big guy much easier. Got mine at Tires of Queens or something like that.

Best shot I got of them...man...I got to take more pics.....

Looked it up it is...(see below) ......no website I could find. I called them on the phone (when I got them) 140 bucks a pair free shipping for 18/8.5 X 8's. It was my first big purchase 2 yrs ago for the D series.

The Tire Place of Queens Limited

6976 75th St

Middle Village, NY 11379

718-894-8473

post-1933-0-29180800-1325892733_thumb.jp

mattd860

What size would be good for the 520h? The stock tire size is 16x7.50x8 however Vredestein doesn't offer this size. For an 8" wheel, they offer 16x6.50x8 and 18x8.50x8. Should I go with he 16x6.50x8?

shallowwatersailor

I have the same issue with my 518xi which is shod with the same size tire. Titan brand information couldn't be found but checking Carlisle's site they show for the 16 x 7.50 - 8 Turf Saver mounted diameter as 16.50 inches. The Vredestein site shows for the V61 16 x 6.50 - 8 mounted diameter as 430 mm which is 16.9291 inches; the V61 18 x 8.50 - 8 mounted diameter is 465 mm which is 18.3070 inches. It apppears that with the 6.50 there would negligable (1/4") difference and the larger 8.50 tire would sit (rough guess) about 1/2 - 3/4 inch higher. I'm not sure if we need to worry about the load capacity being a bit less with the 6.50. The 6 ply V61 6.50 (760 pound capacity) out does the 7.50 Turf Saver (465 pounds.) Even the 4 ply 8.50 (908 pounds!) beats the 2 ply 7.50. If I had a loader, I think I would go with the 8.50.

The rim size may be the deciding factor though. The 16 x 6.50 - 8 as well as the 16 x 7.50 - 8 recommends a 5.5 inch width rim. The 18 x 8.50 - 8 calls for a 7.0 inch width rim. Maybe someone can pipe in a with what the width of a 520H and 5xi series rim is.

littleredrider

The front rims off a 520 are the same as other tractors, just has more of an offset which makes it looks wider. Wide tire helps too.