kloe0699

417-A

kloe0699

Last fall I stopped at our local "bone" yard looking for a new set of wheels for my utility trailer. Got snooping around and found a nice 417-A sitting in his garage. He has a tiny yard that he push mows and has no use for it. I shot him a $200 offer and he agreed to it, and offered to hold it for me till I got through my back surgery and got back on my feet. He just call me and needs room.. $100 bucks takes it!!! I can't wait to get it home. I couldn't find a tag on it but it has the luvered hood, 1986? Pics are coming in the near future. :beer:

• Like 2

rexman72

now thats a great find for 100 bucks.the luvered hoods were 1986.the 417a is a great worker.

• Like 1

Sparky

Is it a running driving machine? If so you got the sweetest deal ever!

mike.........

kloe0699

We had it running briefly. It's been sitting for a while and look down in the carb shows it. Hoping a good tune up and a tranny filter/fluid change is all it needs.

smoreau

I have a 85 and a 86 and both are great machines! Lots of power and ok on fuel compared to my thirsty 520H. Cant wait for the pics!!

AMC RULES

Sounds like an awesome deal. :handgestures-thumbup: Always helps to keep one eye on the look out for these little jems. :chores-mop:

Don't know much about the 417, I'm assuming the A is an automatic trans? :dunno:

What makes them so much more fuel efficient? :scratchead:

HorseFixer

Yep 417A is a nice machine, kinda partial to them myself. They are a grat worker. Yep Craig A for auto.

they are better on the fuel than the 520 20Hp Onans Or 20HP Kohler Magnums :thumbs: Onans Power wins

hands down, but it comes at a cost in fuel. The Kohler magnums are thirsty as the jetting on the carb is

larger requiring more fuel to develope those 3 extra ponies so I am told.

~Duke

DSCN3890.jpg

DSCN3222.jpg

• Like 2

Rollerman

I have a 417 in my stable too, it's an 8 spped not an auto.

From past experience with 520's I've owned....I'd agree the KT17 Kohler twin is better on fuel & good power. :handgestures-thumbup:

kloe0699

Very nice looking tractor you have there Duke..

Dragged it home today. It needs a coil, I used the one from my C-175 to try to start it last fall. It is gonna get some tlc. I am just happy to own it finally! That makes number 5..... :hide: I heard somewhere this gets addicting. :ychain:

post-2807-0-04305800-1325883045_thumb.jp

Posting pics on this site is much easier now! :bow-blue:

post-2807-0-50809600-1325883095_thumb.jp

post-2807-0-94633700-1325883157_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Looks great,wish I found deals like that :bow-blue:

kloe0699

Last night we put the coil from the C-175 on it. Cleaned the carb, points and gave it some new gas... Runs good. I still can't find the tag on this tractor. Anyone got a model number I could look up parts with?(Not sure if my extra hydraulic filters for the C-175 will work?) The series II is much smoother and quieter than my series I. Is this to be expected?

Thanks, Kevin

rexman72

yes thats to be expected.the series ll is a much better engine

Last night we put the coil from the C-175 on it. Cleaned the carb, points and gave it some new gas... Runs good. I still can't find the tag on this tractor. Anyone got a model number I could look up parts with?(Not sure if my extra hydraulic filters for the C-175 will work?) The series II is much smoother and quieter than my series I. Is this to be expected?

Thanks, Kevin

kloe0699

Thanks!

Fonz

I am looking for a manual for blade attachment on 417a 86 0r 85 wheel horse.

Wheel-N-It

Yep  its a 1986 alright, just like mine. You did very good for $100 especially considering you get a 48" SD deck in the deal. How many hours are on your machine?

can whlvr

:thumbs: that's a great deal

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

What a beauty....best of luck. I am lucky I found a shop to do a chain for my snow thrower today. $50 bucks,,!

Some folks are just lucky. 

Glenn

rdmanone

Got yourself a super deal there.  Very nice looking tractor.  

JackC

Amazing deal.  They are great machines.

flyovrcntry

You stole that,when I have to spend money on mine it makes it a lot easier if I think about a new tractor would cost and not have the quality that I have now.

Just think how much money this tractor will save over the years.How many lawn tractors you would have to buy,plus snow removal and other things you do with it that a lawn tractor wouldn't do.

By the way see that little JD setting there with a bad transaxle,they want more for that transaxle than I paid for my 417-A  haha. That scrap iron is going to be parted out :greetings-clappingyellow:

post-3821-0-13745500-1390667735_thumb.jp