Sign in to follow this  
fireman

My RJ-35 is finally going back together!

fireman

I have to go into work later for the night shift so that's all I can do for now. Can't do anything tomorrow because I'm going shooting then need to spend some time with the kids. I have to work my normal 24 hour shift on Monday so needless to say I won't be back at it till Tuesday. Hopefully it will dry out a little then I can take it for a ride and make another video.

Jake Kuhn

Looks great :handgestures-thumbup:

Coadster32

Awesome Jeff!! :handgestures-thumbupright: Glad to see you getting-r-done!!

fireman

I finally bit the bullet and welded the hood back together today. It actually lined up perfectly. Just need to fill in the few holes that the PO drilled to attach the two haves and a couple quick touch ups on the seam. I think it looks good for a amateur welder!

101_0066.jpg

101_0067.jpg

massey

Looks good from here, nice work.

Jake Kuhn

looks great! Very nice work you are doing :handgestures-thumbup:

stevasaurus

Jeff, that looks great and sounds excellent. Good to see ya messin' with a horse. :thumbs2:

Riley088

Nice job Jeff, someone has another one to show you.

VinsRJ

Looks great Jeff.... are you going to go with a full repaint of the hood or just a little primer over the bare steel?

AMC RULES

Went back together really nice Jeff, now you're a welder too. :thumbs:

fireman

Thanks for the comments guys. Vin, Im just gonna touch it up for right now. It will get a full restore in the spring when the weather is warm and I can work on it outside. All that sanding makes a mess of the shop and gets everywhere.

Nate, I spoke to him this afternoon and he told me about it. I guess I'll have to go over tomorrow and see it!

stevebo

Looks great Jeff. I told you that you can do it. I am running out of room now...

Riley088

Barn time.....

dclarke

Looks good Jeff. :thumbs:

Ken B

Looks great Jeff!

Steve running outta room up there on the Ponderosa? Nooooooooooo Way. Sector A might be a little tight (garage) but down in Sector B, the overflow area (a brief hike thru the yard and into the woods) there he hides 3 big storage tents. You can always start stackin em in there! If by chance Sector B gets tight, there is always Sector C. (under the deck) If all of that becomes jam packed, I know all about your storage connection........ :ychain:

stevebo

If things go well this year at work, I may be able to finally build the barn. If not I will do what I can to enclose the underside of the deck and get it waterproof. Once done, maybe the bigger toys (Dodge and Harley) will go under the deck and horses in the garage on the other side?

@Jeff- I should be here most of the day if you want to stop by. I have a meeting in the afternoon-

speedyleedy

You really did a great job ! :bow-blue: