Sign in to follow this  
Ishman

My first Wheel Horse

Ishman

I just bought my first Littie red Giant, it is labeled 702 but Im a bit confused, I was under the impression that the numbers stood for: 7 engine, 0 pull start, 2 year built. The confusion is that my tractor is electric start. It has the correct style engine, a 7 HP Kohler. I tried to use the serial number tool at the Toro website to no avail. I was hoping maybe someone here could help straighten this out.

Thanks, Keith

Riley088

The 702 is electric start. Congrats on your first horse. Once you have been bitten there will be more. Welcome to Redsquare.

wheelhorse656

I dont know why the 702 was was not a 752 my self. i gusse for the same resone the 633 is a electric start 6hp kohler. somtimes the old saying doesent ring true but most of the time it does. Also if the 856 its 8hp electric start built in 65 3 speed trans, but if its a 875 the seven stands for hydro in place of 3 speed.

thats mostly the only diffrent ones. Hope this helps.

Indy w h

You'll love that 702!!!

Welcome to the square !!

Indy

Will G

welcome to RedSquare!

TT

:text-welcomewave: to :wh: and :WRS:

As stated above, the model numbers on some of the old tractors are exceptions to the rules. Once you're around them for a while identifying & understanding them will become second-nature.

I'd also like to see a post or two about your Fairlane if you get a chance. :eusa-whistle: :handgestures-thumbup:

tunahead72

... And maybe a photo of your 702 as well? :popcorn:

Welcome aboard!

aeallison

Welcome to the best group of Wheel Horse enthusiasts you will ever know. I am sure you will enjoy that horse. I love mine.

AMC RULES

:text-worthless: Keith! :WRS:

:thumbs:

VinsRJ

:WRS: and I have to agree, :text-worthless: :happy-jumpeveryone:

Jake Kuhn

:WRS:

Ishman

Wow! Talk about instant gratification. I post last night and Boom! 7 replies by 5:00am when I got up. I have spent the last 1-1/2 hour taking pics and learning how to post so here you go. TT, I'll get a post about my Fairlane a little later today, I have my grand daughters recitle to attend this morning.

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

Ishman

Well you asked for pics! I dont know how I doubled up on them. I will get better I promise.

Sparky

Looks great. Just shoot some almond paint in those rims please :eusa-whistle: .

Mike........

Ishman

I meant to mention that I think the guy I got it from had it goin on for a Speedex. Both back tires are in good shape although1 is a General and the other is a like new Carlisle Turf-Tamer so they dont match plus the General is an inch and a half taller which makes the old girl sit cockeyed. The first thing I am going to do is get new wheels (these were loaded and look to be pretty rusted around the stem) with 6-12 ags on the back, the front tires are like new, so just a rim paint on them.

boovuc

Beautiful tractor! Love it!

ckarnes

there a great tractor i have a sickle bar mower on mine and used it to plow works great the only problem ive ever had is the frame cracked where it bolts to the trans